TIFF exploit ruins safe browsing?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
When I first heard of the tiff exploit I was so excited at the prospect of NES on 1.1.1 that I completely overlooked the obvious, people intentionally using the TIFF exploit to brick your iPhone or compromise your data.

With the phenomenon the iPhone has become its just a matter of time before a hungry hacker with mouths to feed takes advantage of something like this.

Consider this, EIP can typically have a couple hundred viewers per channel during peak hours in every timezone. Now consider some unscroupulous person posts a TIFF exploited image in a thread in every channel, and not just this site but the handful of other high traffic iPhone sites. It wouldn't take long to affect a large number of users in a short amount of time.

Lol, what if Apple released their own TIFF to put your phone back in jail? The possibilities are just ridiculous.

This is pretty alarming, and food for thought on upgrading to a jailed 1.1.2 if it fixes this problem.

So will I still jailbreak 1.1.1 when apptapp is updated? My sources say YES.

ChemicalWeather

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
TIFF exploit ruining my phone vs. third party apps and a period when i double tap space bar

definitely gonna have to go for the latter