Time Capsule died

Discussion in 'iMac' started by brdmsd, Mar 11, 2013.

1. brdmsd

brdmsd Member
    Bronze

My Time Capsule died last week after 3 yrs of use. In reading recent reviews this is apparently a rather common occurrence. Apple does not offer separate Apple Care or an extended warranty for this product. Why haven't they done more to address customers who have spent $300 US dollars on this product and are left without any recourse but purchasing a new router and hard drive backup? They don't even offer to repair the product. They shouldn't be allowed to get away with this.

Sent using iCafe app

2. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

They get away with it because despite all these issues, Apple products (including this one) continue to fly off the shelves.

3. Docd

Docd Contributor
    Silver

Sorry about your problem and don't understand why you can't buy it separate you can for all the other Apple hardware. I have Apple care on mine but I purchased it when I bought my iMac so they were bundled together under my Apple car for the iMac.

4. Chancellor

Chancellor Contributor
    Bronze

That really sucks Op, unless people stop buying, they won't care. Most companies that are already established (at least IMO), aren't proactive like that.