Time for iPhone #3

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
And no, I'm not talking about a new model. The vibrate died on my phone.... it now emits a sound sorta like an electrocted squirrel. I'll leave it to Hayes to supply the visuals on that one...

So it's off the Genius bar for me... Here's hoping I luck out on the LCD quality yet again. :sick:

S

Starry

Bummer.... :( I hope everything goes well.. and no lets not let Hayes do the visual.. I've not eatten yet LOL

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Well, this is my first time restoring a jailbreak, so I'm hoping I do it right. Seems I've read the instructions enough times on here something shoulda sunk in.

Timecapsule and SSH are hopefully going to make this relatively painless. Relatively. Here's a question.... should I move my app folder with BossTools first thing after jailbreaking, or only when it gets full?

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
I did 3 in one day on iday Ireland its was 3rd time lucky for me! So the the luck of the Irish to ya!

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Well, this is my first time restoring a jailbreak, so I'm hoping I do it right. Seems I've read the instructions enough times on here something shoulda sunk in.

Timecapsule and SSH are hopefully going to make this relatively painless. Relatively. Here's a question.... should I move my app folder with BossTools first thing after jailbreaking, or only when it gets full?
Hope it all goes well. TimeCapsule has definitely saved me mucho time in the past in throwing things back on, especially little things like webclips, Notes etc. On the BossTools question, my own experience has been good with just moving fonts and ringtones - usually ending up with around 110mb free after those moves, and thus far not needing to move apps. I've shied away from the apps move as I've read a lot more 'going horribly wrong' stories when apps were moved, or maybe just moved first ...

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
sorry to hear that. its weird hearing these stories considering i've gotten one iPhone and had the same one since i bought it.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Well I don't want to start a new thread for this so...

Does anyone know how to get my license for Labyrinth to work on the new phone? I copied all the contents of var/mobile/media/Labyrinth from the old phone, including license.dat, localLevelPacks.plist, remoteLevelPacks.plist, and settings.plist

But putting them in the same spot on the new phone does not knock it out of demo mode. Any tips?

powersrus

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Battle Creek, MI.
And no, I'm not talking about a new model. The vibrate died on my phone.... it now emits a sound sorta like an electrocted squirrel. I'll leave it to Hayes to supply the visuals on that one...

So it's off the Genius bar for me... Here's hoping I luck out on the LCD quality yet again. :sick:
I'm wondering if they would replace my sons iPhone. His vibrate/on/off switch isn't working properly. He can have it set to vibrate but it will switch back and forth on its on and that causes problems...

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
I'm wondering if they would replace my sons iPhone. His vibrate/on/off switch isn't working properly. He can have it set to vibrate but it will switch back and forth on its on and that causes problems...
unless there is indication that your son caused it to happen, they they will definently replace it.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Hey, all you folks that have been using Antiglare screen protectors for a while... try going clear! I almost forgot how clear and bright this screen is. The Antiglare really does cloud it up a bit... I was in denial. But I bumped my brightness down several ticks (saving battery), and it still looks brighter and better than ever.

The funny thing about the antiglare is it was the worst in direct sunlight, which it was kinda designed for. It was really hard to read text through it, even with no glare. I will miss the texture and no fingerprint thing, but not the annoying scraping sound my earrings made on it when making a call!

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Yeah that would be a serious problem, especially if your son is High School, cause they're be nearly no excuse to use.

"Stomp em in teh nuts, Stomp em in teh nuts!" (Ringtone)
Teacher: WTF! who's phone is that!
Son: Oh, its just my dumb motorola
Teacher: Give me it (son hands iPhone to teacher)
Students: This Mutha****** got an iPhone!
Son: My phone doesn't know whether its on vibrate or not!
Teacher: You expect me to believe a $600 dollar phone cant differentiate whether or not its on vibrate or not!
Students: OWNED!:p
Son::sick:....:mad:

powersrus

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Battle Creek, MI.
Yeah that would be a serious problem, especially if your son is High School, cause they're be nearly no excuse to use.

"Stomp em in teh nuts, Stomp em in teh nuts!" (Ringtone)
Teacher: WTF! who's phone is that!
Son: Oh, its just my dumb motorola
Teacher: Give me it (son hands iPhone to teacher)
Students: This Mutha****** got an iPhone!
Son: My phone doesn't know whether its on vibrate or not!
Teacher: You expect me to believe a $600 dollar phone cant differentiate whether or not its on vibrate or not!
Students: OWNED!:p
Son::sick:....:mad:

No it's nothing he did to it...he is 15 and sold his PS3 to get the iPhone on iday. He has taken very good care of it...we waited outside a AT&T store 2 and a half days to get 3 iPhones!...just seems to be a short in it or something. Just slight movement makes it switch back and forth so that makes it hard for him to have it in his pocket while at school!

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Yeah as long as it doesn't appear there is any physical damage then Apple should replace the defective unit under warranty.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
No it's nothing he did to it...he is 15 and sold his PS3 to get the iPhone on iday. He has taken very good care of it...we waited outside a AT&T store 2 and a half days to get 3 iPhones!...just seems to be a short in it or something. Just slight movement makes it switch back and forth so that makes it hard for him to have it in his pocket while at school!
Well thats cool dude, your son and I are the same age. He seems like a risk-taker cause I don't know many friends who will sell their playstation 3 for an iphone- cause once you have the phone thats just it, you still gotta come up with the money for the bill.

powersrus

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Battle Creek, MI.
Well thats cool dude, your son and I are the same age. He seems like a risk-taker cause I don't know many friends who will sell their playstation 3 for an iphone- cause once you have the phone thats just it, you still gotta come up with the money for the bill.

He is really a great kid so he doesn't have to pay the bill his dad and I pay it. And as for the PS3, his birthday was this past Sunday and we got him a PS3. Now he's saving up for the new iPhone!

jslappa

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
I'm sorry, I think you mis-spoke. You waited outside an AT&T store for 2 1/2 hours, right? You didn't really wait for 2 1/2 days.....outside.....did you?

Either way, just make sure your son restores it if it's jailbroken prior to taking in to an Apple Store.

powersrus

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Battle Creek, MI.
I'm sorry, I think you mis-spoke. You waited outside an AT&T store for 2 1/2 hours, right? You didn't really wait for 2 1/2 days.....outside.....did you?

Either way, just make sure your son restores it if it's jailbroken prior to taking in to an Apple Store.
No it was 2 and a half DAYS we waited outside . That was the closest place to home that was gonna be selling it and we had heard there was gonna be a long line there so we drove by there several times then finally decided to stay one night. We were the only ones there the whole next day but the second day that line grew very very long! It wasn't that bad really.. But yeah its jailbroke and we will be sure its restored back before we take it in. :)