Time for Ordering 5S

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by brdmsd, Sep 13, 2013.

1. brdmsd

brdmsd Member
    Bronze

What time (Eastern Time) on Sept 20 will Apple be opening the online ordering Apple Store app for the 5S? Also, is it contemplated that you'll be able to order the phone for in-store pick-up at a specific time the night before as you could with the 5?

Sent using iCafe app

2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

From an email I received this morning from Apple.

Buy iPhone 5s from the Apple Online Store
    after 12:01 a.m. PST on September 20. Or visit
    your favorite Apple Retail Store starting
    at 8:00 a.m. on September 20.

Screen Shot 2013-09-13 at 9.34.40 AM.png

3. ichris

ichris Member
    Bronze

I'm wondering if you are successful ordering online and then later that day successfuly score one in a brick and mortar store, can you cancel the online order?

#3 ichris, Sep 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2013
  4. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

As long as it doesn't enter the 'processing for shipment' phase. Why not pre-order for in-store pickup?

5. Michael Baturin

Michael Baturin Evangelist
    Gold

Do you think it's possible to preorder at midnight on the 20th and then go to the store and pick it up in the morning. My guess is no, but maybe?

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Ordering one online sets your eligibility status to two years and it will immediately show that an upgrade is in process. You can cancel the order after it's processed and before it ships, but it can take up to ten days to reset your carrier upgrade eligibility back to where it was. So basically you would have to pay full price at an Apple Store if you had already ordered online.

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I don't think so. They did this last year, but I don't think it started until after launch day. It required checking stock for the specific store you wanted. They listed stock right at 10:00 pm, but it was close to impossible to find one and what little they did have was gone within seconds. Since there wasn't any available through that method, most people just ordered online and had a shipping estimate of two or three weeks.

8. ichris

ichris Member
    Bronze

That's what I thought... I believe (not 100% sure) that if you select pickup at the store that the phone will be delivered from china to the store and not using up the stock pile at the store...

9. radtechy

radtechy Contributor
    Bronze

Idk if I should order from Apple, Verizon, or go to a Verizon store in person. I for sure wont go to a Apple store.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

10. rollinfromhell

Gold

My question is if we order on the 20th, will we get it in the next day? Or 2 days later?

#10 rollinfromhell, Sep 15, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  11. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Probably not for a week, but we won't know for sure until they start shipping.

12. radtechy

radtechy Contributor
    Bronze

When the 5 came out it was the Tuesday for me after release.

I preordered on the Friday the week before, the release was the following Friday, then after the weekend passed and it came Tuesday after lunch. This was through Verizon not Apple

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk