Time Warner Cable App Is What The Apple TV Could Look Like?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
An article on Re/Code suggests that the new Apple TV could look like the Time Warner Cable app. As a refresher, Time Warner Cable is supposedly in negotiations to provide content through a new Apple TV product coming out later this year.

apple-tv-app-nbc-olympics.png

Bloomberg reported on the negotiations between TWC and Apple. Those make perfect sense as Apple's trying to get providers on board. Even if they are in negotiations, I don't see TWC's app as any sort of indicator as to the new ATV interface will look like...

Sure it could have channels, but they aren't getting their UI design from TWC, nor are the app developers behind that app seeing Apple's new TV UI.

Thoughts?

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011
I use the TWC app on sometimes. It's not bad but needs a few tweaks to make it right and in my area it's not full function yet. Can only use the live TV ( which is about 30 seconds behind my cable box) and the OnDemand. The app works pretty well and don't seem to have any problems with it crashing or logging on.

Sent from my iPhone using My fingers.

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011
I just hope somehow they get their act together and just get what they have now working.

Sent from my iPhone using My fingers.