Tip for guitar players

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
The iPhone sits perfectly on top of the guitar for reading tabs and watching youtube instruction guitar playing instruction videos while playing. (Also, there's a guitar tuner in installer if you haven't heard yet.)

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
what do u mean sits perfectly on top of the guitar...?
pix!

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
ya i have also noticed this but i prefer using laptop for tabs..then i noticed that it is very awkward in your lap with your guitar...solution?touchpad pro it works very well

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I wish that guitar tuner app actually responded to realtime audio input. It's nice for pitch reference, but pianist works as well for that, and it's more fun to play with otherwise :)

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
ya i was hoping it would work as an actual tuner....

guest0320

Silver
Nov 11, 2007
Speaking of guitar player jokes:

This joke works more in a show pit than real life:

How do you get a guitar player to turn down?

Put music in front of him.

Good Day

Dana

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Speaking of guitar player jokes:

This joke works more in a show pit than real life:

How do you get a guitar player to turn down?

Put music in front of him.

Good Day

Dana
loosely related...

How long does it take to tune a banjo?

No one has ever found out.

:laugh2:

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
what do u mean sits perfectly on top of the guitar...?
pix!
It's not too tricky, you just sit down, hold the guitar like you normally would, and put your iPhone on that top part so you can look down and see tabs but still play no problem. It's so convenient it's almost eerie.

ZodiacfreaK

Bronze
Jan 11, 2007
Sitting it on top only works for acoustic guitars! Anyways in reference to some other comments, there were two guitar tuning apps and one of them actually did receive input and work just like a real tuner! Cant remember the name of it though, does anyone else?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I've done this several times. Occasionally I have to scroll when reading tabs, but it works great for videos.

- John

moppsy

Jul 31, 2007
NJ

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
I just found a guitar tab website that is optimized for the iPhone. Its called Chordie.com. So far they have a good selection of tabs. But the coolest part is that you can visit the site from your PC and add songs to chordie which will then be a couple clicks away on the iPhone. It also scrolls the tab for you by tapping the screen once. Very nice.
Anyway, just thought I would share.