Tips for improving iPhone photography skill?

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by lionly, Jul 24, 2015.

1. lionly

lionly New Member

I'm not so satisfied with my photos taken with iPhone 6. And I even ordered some macro and zoom lenses which are fun from mpj.
    but my most important thing to do is improving photography skill. For this photo, what can I do to improve it? Thank you!

Attached Files:

• j.jpg
      j.jpg
      File size:
      1.3 MB
      Views:
  2. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

I'm not a photographer so take this advice with a grain of salt, but a few things that might help: only use flash in certain situations, take advantage of the built in crop and photo editing tools, and use landscape over portrait for better shots. I'd also think about checking out other camera apps like Camera+ that would give you additional features to the standard toolkit.

3. Loquutis

Loquutis Contributor
    Bronze

Buy a Canon Eos

4. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

But that doesn't improve one's iPhone photography skills, does it?

5. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

This is not a bad shot. I would have left the wall to the right out of it. And an exposure adjustment to lighten the foreground makes that nice railing pop. It needs to stand out. It looks pretty good as is though.

6. digitalcuriosity

Bronze

Having used Canon G point and shoot cameras for years,i always thought phone cameras were a joke not really a camera i would use.
    My iPhone6 has changed my thinking,not a camera to replace a quality P&S camera, but a really good simple plain picture&video camera.
    I have found learning to hold the iPhone6 still when shutter button is tapped,really helps the quality of pictures.

7. Loquutis

Loquutis Contributor
    Bronze

I will admit to being biased because photography is a hobby of mine. And there is no way I would get the shots of an F1 car doing 200kph into a corner crystal clear and nice blur to the back ground, showing the speed it moving at, with a phone.
    There just is not the degree of control in a camera. And for me anyways, not as fun.
    I hope to never be able to make phone calls from my Canon 7D.
    I just feel that people these days are loosing sight of the pure things in life, and want everything combined and simplified.
    I love technology, don't get me wrong, but often I believe we are going the wrong way.
    My 2 cents.

8. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

But the thread is about improving one's iPhone photography skills.

9. Loquutis

Loquutis Contributor
    Bronze

Your right. I stand corrected.

10. JDem

JDem Contributor
    Bronze

How about to decrease the chance of a shaky photo, using the volume button on the earbuds as the shutter? I've found my pics improve greatly when I snap a pic with a hand that is not even touching the phone.

11. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I've seen some nice photos made with the 5s. The 6 and 6 Plus even more. Improvements are coming with the 6s and 6s Plus. I expect more improvements in the models to come. Not DSL quality, but pretty doggone close. We're not talking flip phone cameras here. Go to the iPhone 5s photo thread and look at some shots by Europa.

12. RBNetEngr

RBNetEngr Contributor
    Bronze

13. digitalcuriosity

Bronze

I find my iPhone6 camera a really good camera to take pictures of items in stores,also to get a group of prices on items. Maybe i find a product i want information about. I snap picture of the name later I can google it. I don't need the photo quality of my larger digital cameras,just a good picture.
    I will say i am impressed with it's video simple to use gets what i need.