Tired of iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

cdfink08

Jul 17, 2007
don't get me wrong, i love this phone. Its beautiful much faster than my pocket pc safari is a dream to use and i could keep going on and on. But for some reason deep down inside i really miss my old Cingular 8125 yes i know its big bulky ugly not the best screen and only 195 mghz but i just had the freedom to do whatever i wanted with it. Although I would never in a hundred years go back to windows mobile 5 there are thing i miss about it. I miss being able to actually feel the vibration when i got a text message i loved the blinking LED light when i had a missed call or txt message. I miss sliding out the big beautiful keyboard and typing away (not bashing virtual keyboar) i just like knowing that im pressing a key. I miss being able to save a picture if i thought it was funny or whatever reason i needed to save one. I could download video and copy and paste i know thats not a big deal but i did use it quite frequently.I missed putting stuff on my mini Sd card and being able to put it directly onto my computer withouth having to go through activesync or itune. I miss all of the different ROMS i could install on my phone when i got tired of one. And the versatility was amazing too. I know people keep talking about the huge update with Ichat and Copy and paste and being to download etc, But i just keep wondering to myself why some of these features could not have been added. I hope that there is an explanation for it all and i hope its not one to make Apple look bad. I guess what im saying is that i really believe i own one of the best phones ever made, but its best for the features it has not for having the most features. The browser is wonderful ipod is a dream 4 gigs is plenty for me and so on and so on. Im done blabbing now and i was just wondering if anybody felt the same way i do about missing your previous ppc or other phone you had before purchasing the iPhone.

Edit: At now way am i bashing the iPhone i love the damn thing just don't to get a riot started : )

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I miss my Treo 650 going into an endless loop and having to reinstall all the software and 23 different serial numbers for all those apps I had paid $500+ for. It took me days to figure out how to do it at the beginning.
Right before I got the iPhone, it would take me barely 10 minutes to fix the whole thing, every couple of days or so.
It made me feel smart and important!

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
I miss my Treo 750 just for ebooks! I was considering going to the new firmware but I would lose third party apps, which include books for the iPhone. I am just not going to update. I am not going to complain about the fact that Apple released firmware that so far hasn't been jailbroken or anything. I am just saying thats what I miss.

I am not tired of my iPhone though, on the contrary, I really enjoy it for what it is, and what it does. I see what the thread starter was saying though. Even with all their faults, WinMo devices you could do just about anything you wanted to. Oh well , as has already been said all over the forums, its only a matter of time right?

I LOVE my iPhone! Tonight I was catching up buying all these songs that I never could find on the net and that I had recorded on my portable XM radio. I bought several through the iTunes store including an album.

I don't miss my old Treo 650 and how many times it would lock up and I would have to reset. I could never use the Treos built in email program because well, t would download the same email.....100's of times till the thing just crashed. My iPhone does email perfectly! The few times a day I have to use the phone, it does it perfectly and the nice dial pad makes it easy to call when I have my hands full on a job in the dark. The Treo, well it was hard to push those little buttons let alone trying to use a stylus to hit the on screen key pad with my hands full.

Guess I can safely say I am not tired of it! I'm having fun with it! I feel like a kid all over again.

NMprofessional

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Rochester NY
Im done blabbing now and i was just wondering if anybody felt the same way i do about missing your previous ppc or other phone you had before purchasing the iPhone.

Edit: At now way am i bashing the iPhone i love the damn thing just don't to get a riot started : )
cdfink08,

Yes. I feel that same as you do... I DO MISS my trusty Treo 700p on Sprint. Love the iPhone phone for what it is currently, but I miss the customization of the Treo line of phones (and PPC phones).

I "hope" that others features like copy & paste are added at somepoint and hopefully even Apple branded native apps for a price.

cdfink08

Jul 17, 2007
As I have said in other posts:

I will never own another phone. NEVER!
Seriously, I won't.
I agree with you. To me its like buying a new car, you love the brand new look of it,works better, more reliable but for some reason you seem to miss the old car just because you felt like you were pals with it and you knew its weakness's and strengths i do love the iPhone and would never go back but i just miss my old phone sometimes

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
i miss my direct connect form my nextel sometimes... but its not that serious... but i did like the fact that i didn't care about my nextel and could throw it through a wall without a second thought that when i pick it up its 100% going to work... screen MIGHT break but will still make calls... ive had a half a phone at one point... the flip broke all the way off on my i830 and i could still make calls on speaker or on my headset... its just amazing the abuse they all took... but now i am always thinking about how to not damage my iPhone its like taking care of a baby... but i love the little baby so its ok..