Tmobile+ update w/iTunes

the_brein

Bronze
Feb 17, 2008
Anyone else running Tmobile on their phone? I've got a 2g phone and I upgraded through iTunes. I'm having some minor issues. Was wondering if anyone had these problems or knew fixes.

1. I don't have internet on phone. I'm getting a message that I'm not subscribed to a cellular data service.

2. My mail accounts are not working. I had yahoo mail and work mail (exchange) set up.

I'm still able to make calls fine. Ipod works as well. But all my apps are gone and it looks like they gave me all the default icons and settings back.

Anyone know any fixes or have a link to fixing? I was jailbroken before upgrade.

evil_ryu

Bronze
Jul 28, 2008
u need to do a complete restore,then JB it. i just did mine with no problems and i had the 2.1

the_brein

Bronze
Feb 17, 2008
if I restore, will I lose my data on the phone and will I still be unlocked?

vrsc

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
Orlando, Fl
Set up yout network cellular setting again! I've gotten T-mobile to work on 5 2g and 4 3g unlocked/jailbroken in 3.0

mrarmbar22

Bronze
Aug 30, 2007
if I restore, will I lose my data on the phone and will I still be unlocked?
Before you go through that try going to settings/general/network/cellular data network. Where it says APN type in wap.voicestream.com

Hopefully that should work for you

the_brein

Bronze
Feb 17, 2008
Before you go through that try going to settings/general/network/cellular data network. Where it says APN type in wap.voicestream.com

Hopefully that should work for you
That did work. I got my email and internet working again. thanks. Is this common information or is this a needle in a haystack if someone were to search for this in the forums? I wonder.

It seems now that all I need to do is jailbreak. Can I just jailbreak without having to restore?

the default theme the iPhone comes with is so lame. I gots to change it, quick like.