To all developers & testers...please read carefully!

shatou

Apr 3, 2009
Hi all,

I can see that a lot of iPhone OS 3 testers discuss here in this forum. Let's consider this a like a favor from you to all iPhone owners!....

of course, u all know that multi-tasking is not supported by iPhone :)frown:), so a lot of important 3rd party can not work in background (please, don't mention backgrounder on cydia, it really sucks & causes system instability)....

So, to get to the point, I need alarm app & calendar app with adjustable snooze, could u believe that?!,...an iPhone owner asks for such simple & trivial function!...with bunch of alarm & calendar iTunes applications, we can't get this simple function unless u left the app open all the time!...& even snooze option is not available for calendar events in all 3rd party apps...yeah, i checked them all!...

All i aim to, that u testers, can ask Apple to provide this function in next OS 3...I think that Apple will respond to you...I am even thinking of making a facebook page just for that!...

Thanks a lot for reading the topic & please let me know your opinion....

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
You know you can snooze your alarm thats in the "clock" app right? All you do is go into clock, then alarms, set the alarm and when it goes off, tap snooze!

shatou

Apr 3, 2009
Hi all,

So, to get to the point, I need alarm app & calendar app with adjustable snooze, could u believe that?!,...an iPhone owner asks for such simple & trivial function!...
You know you can snooze your alarm thats in the "clock" app right? All you do is go into clock, then alarms, set the alarm and when it goes off, tap snooze!
Yes, i know...i am asking for an adjustable one....

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Do you maybe want to ask a mod to adjust your post title a little?

Your title makes it sound as if you may have just discovered a major new bug that will rock their world or something similar - but in fact you just have a small feature request which may appeal to you and 3 other people in the world ...

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Hi all,

I can see that a lot of iPhone OS 3 testers discuss here in this forum. Let's consider this a like a favor from you to all iPhone owners!....

of course, u all know that multi-tasking is not supported by iPhone :)frown:), so a lot of important 3rd party can not work in background (please, don't mention backgrounder on cydia, it really sucks & causes system instability)....

So, to get to the point, I need alarm app & calendar app with adjustable snooze, could u believe that?!,...an iPhone owner asks for such simple & trivial function!...with bunch of alarm & calendar iTunes applications, we can't get this simple function unless u left the app open all the time!...& even snooze option is not available for calendar events in all 3rd party apps...yeah, i checked them all!...

All i aim to, that u testers, can ask Apple to provide this function in next OS 3...I think that Apple will respond to you...I am even thinking of making a facebook page just for that!...

Thanks a lot for reading the topic & please let me know your opinion....
Go here and fill out the form: http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

Sorry man, that's all you can do without jailbreaking. All the developers and beta testers in the world can't help you since this is up to Apple. Now if you want someone to hack up the OS to try and adjust the snooze then you're gonna need to head over to hackint0sh.org, convince someone to do the hack for you, then jailbreak your phone and install the hack. Depends on how intense you are about this...

shatou

Apr 3, 2009
Do you maybe want to ask a mod to adjust your post title a little?

Your title makes it sound as if you may have just discovered a major new bug that will rock their world or something similar - but in fact you just have a small feature request which may appeal to you and 3 other people in the world ...
It's worse than a bug!...how could a famous phone like the iPhone misses a trivial function available in all other phones?!....better than saying "you just have a small feature request which may appeal to you and 3 other people in the world", go & search on Google or yahoo and see who are the other "3 people" who need this function!

If only I am talking to pros!

Go here and fill out the form: http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

Sorry man, that's all you can do without jailbreaking. All the developers and beta testers in the world can't help you since this is up to Apple. Now if you want someone to hack up the OS to try and adjust the snooze then you're gonna need to head over to hackint0sh.org, convince someone to do the hack for you, then jailbreak your phone and install the hack. Depends on how intense you are about this...
Thanks a lot for your reply :)
I used the attached link dozen of times since old F/Ws with no luck...I even duobt they care for the feedback...i think that official developers & OS testers will be more appreciated for their feedback...and, if this is considered seriously, Apple may consider it...

Regarding the hacking, i consider it it the last step...I can't believe that i would go for hacking just to provide a trivial function...really, Apple is pushing most of iPhone users to do that!....

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Thanks a lot for your reply :)
I used the attached link dozen of times since old F/Ws with no luck...I even duobt they care for the feedback...i think that official developers & OS testers will be more appreciated for their feedback...and, if this is considered seriously, Apple may consider it...

Regarding the hacking, i consider it it the last step...I can't believe that i would go for hacking just to provide a trivial function...really, Apple is pushing most of iPhone users to do that!....
For the record, I used that link to suggest adding the functionality to push the home button from any home screen to return to the first home screen, and Apple added it in the next firmware. It's just evidence that Apple DOES read those feedback forms (unless they had already planned on adding that feature before I suggested it).

shatou

Apr 3, 2009
For the record, I used that link to suggest adding the functionality to push the home button from any home screen to return to the first home screen, and Apple added it in the next firmware. It's just evidence that Apple DOES read those feedback forms (unless they had already planned on adding that feature before I suggested it).
Maybe it was planned or yes, they may listen to users...
I'll consider sending my suggestion to Apple "again" & to prove their respect to customers, why don't u also send to them and see?! :cool:

Watcher

Zealot
Gold
Mar 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I need alarm app & calendar app with adjustable snooze...
Explain what you mean by "adjustable snooze". I don't think I'm understanding you completely. Do you mean timing the snooze for 1-10 min or something like that?

shatou

Apr 3, 2009
Explain what you mean by "adjustable snooze". I don't think I'm understanding you completely. Do you mean timing the snooze for 1-10 min or something like that?
Exactly...;)

shatou

Apr 3, 2009
Back to my thread again!
Here it is guys the firmware OS 3....
A simple function that I want is not implemented yet may be in OS 20!
I wrote to Apple and a bunch of friends did too...I am not saying that Apple doesn't respect their clients but really they need more powerful feedback system...

and finally i am really really really happy that i am leaving "iPhone" world to hTc where professinalism takes place!

Kuntry

Bronze
Mar 26, 2009
Las Vegas
Back to my thread again!
Here it is guys the firmware OS 3....
A simple function that I want is not implemented yet may be in OS 20!
I wrote to Apple and a bunch of friends did too...I am not saying that Apple doesn't respect their clients but really they need more powerful feedback system...

and finally i am really really really happy that i am leaving "iPhone" world to hTc where professinalism takes place!
Good Riddance.