To all upgraders who are happy with 2.1

jareknyc

Silver
Aug 27, 2007
NYC
Can everybody check for me if this is working for you or im the only unhappy one who got this problem

setting - date and time

when i click on this im going stright to home screen and when i clicked the first time it went straight to home screen and the iPhone restrted for me.

I did all possible i could i did the hard reset i cleaned the whole iPhone completly i took of the songs applications and then i did the hard reste i didn't even restory it from back up it went straight to clean brand new iPhone, i have all the contact on me service so i don't worry bout the contacts.

i don't know what to do no more, this is crazy

Please guys let me know and please put all you cons about this update so we can forward all that to Apple so maybe they could fix that problems.

aaronsiphone

Bronze
Dec 28, 2007
Works fine for me mate, sorry to hear, take it back to the Apple store and see if they will replace

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
Can everybody check for me if this is working for you or im the only unhappy one who got this problem

setting - date and time

when i click on this im going stright to home screen and when i clicked the first time it went straight to home screen and the iPhone restrted for me.

I did all possible i could i did the hard reset i cleaned the whole iPhone completly i took of the songs applications and then i did the hard reste i didn't even restory it from back up it went straight to clean brand new iPhone, i have all the contact on me service so i don't worry bout the contacts.

i don't know what to do no more, this is crazy

Please guys let me know and please put all you cons about this update so we can forward all that to Apple so maybe they could fix that problems.
Dude, seriously, I have tried this over and over, and I am not replicating.

I did a search for this issue online, and have not seen anything similar arrise as of yet either. I doubt this is a common or widespread issue if no one else has it. I will keep trying to replicate throughout the day, just in case.

Take it into Apple or call the customer service line. It might be something else wrong with the phone, but I am not sure. I am as perplexed as you, honestly.

At this time, I have ZERO Cons for this update....compared to what we had before, this is proving to be a very valuable upgrade to this point.

Good luck. I am sure if someone else has the issue, they will let you know.

tbs

Bronze
Aug 23, 2008

setting - date and time
My update went extremely smoothly. No issues with date and time.

phillyphill39

Bronze
Dec 30, 2007
yeah went extremely well for me too, but where is the genius playlist on the phone or am i missing something? and my 3g signal strength appears to be twice as good before or atleast thats what the bars are telling me. i haven't made any calls yet to see or go anywhere yet.

tbs

Bronze
Aug 23, 2008
yeah went extremely well for me too, but where is the genius playlist on the phone or am i missing something?
In iTunes 8 under the Store drop down menu - click Turn on Genius. It will access the iTunes store then you will see the Genius logo under your playlist. Click that and follow the instructions.

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
yeah went extremely well for me too, but where is the genius playlist on the phone or am i missing something? and my 3g signal strength appears to be twice as good before or atleast thats what the bars are telling me. i haven't made any calls yet to see or go anywhere yet.
You have to have iTunes 8.0 installed on you computer first, which I assume you do have.

Go to Playlists in you iPod. At the top, there is the Genius tab. Click on it. It will then instruct you to chose a song. From that song you chose, it will make you a playlist (right now 25....I am trying to figure out how to make it more than 25) of songs that are similar to that one (basically, making a playlist that will put songs into it that all play well together).

Good luck.

tbs

Bronze
Aug 23, 2008
right now 25....I am trying to figure out how to make it more than 25)

Good luck.
When you are in your newly created Genius playlist look at the upper right. It will default to 25 songs but you can change it to 25, 50, 75, or 100. For the already created playlist it will update it to reflect the new number chosen.

(my turn to help you):laugh2:

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
When you are in your newly created Genius playlist look at the upper right. It will default to 25 songs but you can change it to 25, 50, 75, or 100. For the already created playlist it will update it to reflect the new number chosen.

(my turn to help you):laugh2:
I know how to do it in iTunes, but I do not see of find that functionality on the iPod on the iPhone......

hmmmm

tbs

Bronze
Aug 23, 2008
I know how to do it in iTunes, but I do not see of find that functionality on the iPod on the iPhone......

hmmmm
That I don't know... sorry!

phillyphill39

Bronze
Dec 30, 2007
oh ok yeah i saw that, i thought they said it would on the phone too maybe not oh well no biggy. ive barely used this thing :(

phillyphill39

Bronze
Dec 30, 2007
oh ok because i updated it and then i believe it took it off and left cant remember back that far :( even if it was a few hours ago sigh

tbs

Bronze
Aug 23, 2008
Last edited by a moderator:

Painkiller

Bronze
Aug 9, 2007
I'm happy with the upgrade. I just wish I could find where you turn on the multiple alerts for text messages. I've looked everywhere on this thing! Is it automatic, or am I just not finding the setting?

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
I'm happy with the upgrade. I just wish I could find where you turn on the multiple alerts for text messages. I've looked everywhere on this thing! Is it automatic, or am I just not finding the setting?
Automatic and uncontrollable.

Was the time and date bug fixed?