to answer a few questions

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
That really sucks how they make us pay for the phone and then they don't let you keep it unless you have it for 30 days. (If you want to cancel service)

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
yes i did think that was wired..... if you buy it then it should be yours.. but i guess that it is in the contract that you sign that states that you must return the phone to cancel that service...

still weird

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
yes i did think that was wired..... if you buy it then it should be yours.. but i guess that it is in the contract that you sign that states that you must return the phone to cancel that service...

still weird
That is the most stupidest thing I have ever heard. It really makes me mad that I cant keep something I pay for if I choose to cancel my service in the first 30 days? I think...or 14 days.

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
They're trying to prevent unlockers. I don't see any problem with that.

Joe

ja_vo

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I like to say that the information you gave us one part its not true.

"Upgrade Eligibility and Qualified Upgrade Pricing"
"Upgrade eligibility will be determined based on standard upgrade eligibility rules. Customers must be upgrade eligible to receive the qualified upgrade pricing. However, not all customers will be qualified upgrades. AT&T has not determined the price of the 3G device for non-qualified upgrades."

That part its not true. I just got done speaking with ATT rep and they told me you will not make you pay more even if you are not "Eigibility" like for other phones. It will not matter, iPhone will continue to be 200 or 300 and they will take the old contract and replace it with a new two year one.

so for those of you who has that question, NO you will not have 3 years when you sign a new two year contract.

I hope this helps.

good Luck guys.

found this on another site

this might answer a few questions we all have

http://gizmodo.com/5014909/att-memo-to-retail-managers-shows-iphone-3g-policy

goobs22xx

Bronze
Sep 16, 2007

still weird
you're not paying full price for the phone. They let you keep it if you pay the early termination fee.

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
It kind of cracks me up. That guy who sold his 3G iPhone on eBay under the assumption he could keep the phone after canceling his contract might be in a bit of trouble. :)

ja_vo

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Not really he is still up a few hundreds.

It kind of cracks me up. That guy who sold his 3G iPhone on eBay under the assumption he could keep the phone after canceling his contract might be in a bit of trouble. :)

Jun 16, 2008
Clermont, Florida
Does this mean 30 day trial?

So i have been with Verizon for awhile but have been thinking about switching to AT&T and now with the new iPhone 3g coming out im really thinking about switching. Does this mean that i would have a 30 day trial to see if i liked the iPhone/AT&T services? Or am i an idiot?

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
So i have been with Verizon for awhile but have been thinking about switching to AT&T and now with the new iPhone 3g coming out im really thinking about switching. Does this mean that i would have a 30 day trial to see if i liked the iPhone/AT&T services? Or am i an idiot?
You would have a 30 day trial pretty much. If you cancel services before 30 days, you have to return the iPhone. Am I correct?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
3G Devices
The return policy for 3G is changing from 14 days to 30 days for both Apple and AT&T stores.

To cancel service within the first 30 days, the customer must return their equipment to the place of purchase (no exceptions).
If the customer cancels service after 30 days, they will be charged the ETF. The customer is not required to return the device to cancel after 30 days.

RichR

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
I'm curious how they will find a way to ad the extra price to NON-eligible customers. You know it cant be more than $200 more for the phone if you are NOT eligible as anyone can just start a NEW account at the point of purchase and go home and cancel their current plan and just pay the cancel fee which is no more than $200 and I forget it AT&T pro-rates there cancel fees. I wanna say if you are half a year or even one year into your plan I think it will be like $175 cancel fee for 6 months in, $100 cancel fee if 1 year into plan, etc, etc.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
I was thinking what would happen if say you still have a year left in contract from the first iPhone, go and sign up for the 3g version, sign the new 2 year contract, but return the phone and cancel your service within 30 days. Does that mean you got out of the remaining year of your original contract? Sounds like a nifty way to leave AT&T a year early.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
They still wont answer the question of whether or not we iPhoners that don't have 3G coverage still have to pay the extra $10 dollars of the actual 3G service. . .

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
They still wont answer the question of whether or not we iPhoners that don't have 3G coverage still have to pay the extra $10 dollars of the actual 3G service. . .
Yeah I'm wondering this. Also, can you choose between having just edge for $20 and 3G for $30?