To be, or not be with a screen protector (iPad). That's the Question.

Discussion in 'iPad Cases and Accessories' started by MIKES3, Nov 20, 2011.

1. MIKES3

MIKES3 New Member

I've been reading that the screen protector is over rated IF you have a case and IF you don't have children.

Please unload your opinions and comments.

2. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

Real tough answer. I am crazy OCD about fingerprints and scratches on my iPad screen so I use a screen protector, but would rather go without. My iPhone has had a screen protector since day one and I would never go without one since I only use a bumper 90% of the time.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

3. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

My Ipad only has a ZAGG back shield only and a smart cover. No rainbow scratches yet, some SMALL scratches on the screen but not noticeable and doesn't make a rainbow mark.

4. Jmbaker429

Jmbaker429 Evangelist
    Gold

I definitely use a screen protector on my iPad and my iPhone. Actually I don't know that I have even touched the screen of either one without a protector on it. When I got my iPad I peeled the cover off and put the screen protector right on it. Then right into an otter box. Maybe it's my OCD or whatever. But at least it's safe. I know accidents happen but I have to be careful bc I can't be replacing this stuff all the time. Way to expensive.

5. Smarty2600

Smarty2600 Member
    Bronze

I always put screen protectors on everything, I had even put one on my old Nintendo DS. All my touch screen devices including my iPad have a screen protector, I rather lose a little clarity than break/damage the screen of an expensive gadget. But I might be a little OCD in having nice screen but I suppose without a good screen what is the point of the iPad or anything else that is mostly screen, lol.

6. jebjeb

jebjeb New Member

i put screen protector on my ipad..just to play safe.. you know what they say..you don't want to realize later that you should have bought a screen protector...when your screen is scratched and all..:)

7. Javy78

Javy78 New Member

If you put a screen protector you will definitely lose some clarity and images will be distorted a little. Yes, the screen protector protects the screen and that's good. Thinking of not putting one whenever I buy an iPad 3, I don't have kids and take care of my gadgets - even have my iPad 2 in a leather case.

8. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I recently got an iPad 2 and am going crazy to get a screen protector. But I want something that has an automatic built in screen protector. Not one you have to apply. Any suggestions under $30?

9. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I have to agree with you. I've always has some type of case and screen protector on all my devices. Well, except for my Macbook Pro, as it doesn't really need one to be honest. For the iPad, it gets tons of finger prints and such. With a screen protector, you will have no issues and won't have to worry.

10. Geo

Geo Member
    Bronze

Screen protector. I put it on my iPad 2 right away! Why? Cause I have one on my iPhone and after a trip, where I put my phone in my carry on bag to go through security, it got my keys jammed up against it. keys moved after the search and for the trip was jammed up against it.
    The ZAGG (shameless promotion here) protected my screen and went back to its original form. It is as if it absorbed the damage only to bounce back.
    That's what I want for my iPad screen!

11. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor
    Silver

I think I'm gonna try the ZAGG InvisibleShield HD this time. I love ZAGG, but with the Retina Display on the iPad, the "orange peel" effect would drive me CRAZY...

I've used Power Support Anti-Glare on my iPhone 4/4S forever...I may look to them for the iPad...but not for Anti-Glare. I use their Anti-Glare on my 15" MBP and it's great...but it does diminish the sharpness a bit. It's just fine for my iPhones, but I want the HD of the iPad...

12. iphone1027

iphone1027 Member
    Bronze

I put a screen protector on both my iPhone and iPad. Definitely following the same when I receive my iPad.