To iOS 7 or Not

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by xman, Sep 17, 2013.

1. xman

xman Member
    Bronze

I am getting the iPhone 5s this friday. Currently have the iPhone 5. Would it be wise NOT to update my 5 to IOS7 before going to the new 5s?

thanks

#1 xman, Sep 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2014
  2. Steven Nicholson

Steven Nicholson New Member

Why wouldn't u update?

3. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Is your 5 on a firmware that can be, or is, jail broken? May be a selling option to someone wanting a jail token device.

4. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

@xman
    Well one reason I am definitely upgrading to the iOS7s software is because I can't wait to use it! I never had a beta so I am super stoked!

Another reason I think upgrading would be good before you get the iPhone 5s is to get to know the software and update your phone to look how you want it to look. Then you back it up with the new software and when you get your new iPhone 5s all you have to do is put your backup with the new iOS7 software on the new iPhone 5s and it's like you never lost a beat.

If you're starting from scratch and never use your backups then I suppose the backing up wouldn't matter to you. However, you could still download the new software and play with it just to get a feel of it before you get your new iPhone 5s.

5. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Bottom line, if on 6.1.4 then update to iOS7, if below that version do not upgrade and sell the phone for a premium. Lots of people looking for a jailbreakable iPhone 5.

6. alicepattinson

Bronze

It's really up to you. If you think that you're going to like the new iOS then go for the 7. If not then don't :) IMO, i like iOS 7 and it's easier to use.

7. Vyndetta

Vyndetta New Member

Im sticking with the iPhone5. Never felt a need to get the "S" models. iOS7 is great, im updating a lot of my apps before for the official release in 9 to 10 hours.

Sent using iCafe app

8. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

I'd wait until you are sure that all your important apps are also iOS compatible. That's what I'm doing.