To use a screen protector or not

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by Shannon Schleif, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Shannon Schleif

Shannon Schleif New Member

I do not know about you, but I have yet to find a screen protector that will adhere and allow me to use it. All of mine have slid or fallen off or have not let me use the touch screen effectively. Is there a good one out there?

2. theorioles33

theorioles33 Evangelist
    Silver

Really? I buy cheapos off of eBay and they stay on fine. I've never had one slide off before. I prefer a screen protector because my phone is usually face down and I don't want it to get scratched up. SGP and PowerSupport sell great screen protectors but you can get a bunch for cheap on eBay.

3. Woodhunter

Woodhunter New Member

I use two on mine at all times i have a Zag on the screen at all times and then my three cases all have an additional built into the case. I have no issues ever with touch, and i feel much better knowing there is protection on it at all times.

4. ErinR76

ErinR76 New Member

I use one, and I dropped my phone on some rocks, the protector got a nick in it and the glass stayed intact. I couldn't believe my luck. I haven't had any issues with it staying on. It's just one that I got with my Speck case, and has a bit of a matte finish. It's a pain to install them without getting specks of dirt underneath and mine has a couple but I live with it.

5. angelfrmbklyn

angelfrmbklyn New Member

I use the 3M privacy screen protector. Worth every penny and it comes with a piece to assure no air bubbles. Very nice!

6. ckaten

ckaten New Member

I've had my iPhone 4 for a year now, no screen protector and no scratches. Pretty abusive to it, too!

7. Lorry Smith

Lorry Smith New Member

Since my hand always sweating, I got screen protector with my phone, just a very normal and cheap one which bought from ebay, works fine for 1 year already.

8. efuseakay

efuseakay Contributor
    Silver

When I first got my 4 2 years ago, I spent way too much money on screen protectors. I finally got frustrated enough and I've been without one for a year with no problems. Won't get one for my 5 either.

9. shantisyndrome

Bronze

Knowing how clumsy I am, I got an invisishield hd screen protector. It's not matte at all, and I think it's worth the 27 dollars.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

10. btitus

btitus Contributor
    Silver

Not a lot of luck with them unfortunately...

11. RayDx

RayDx New Member

got a screen protector with my phone from ebay, very cheap

12. EmilyLiu

EmilyLiu New Member

No screen protector.:p

13. Hawk

Hawk Genius
    Gold

I would tell you to at least try one and see if it's for you. If not, tear it off

14. Peacekepr

Peacekepr Member
    Bronze

I used one on my iPhone 4 for one year and not a single scratch.
    On my 4s I decided not to use one and after 11 months I do have some very minor scratches but in fairness I can only see them under a bright light.

15. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

Never had one on my iPhone 4 -- 2 years and it's in perfect condition.

If you're careful (very) it's not a problem. If you're one who is prone to dropping things and being in a hurry to do stuff you're gonna have issues.

16. Hawk

Hawk Genius
    Gold

I think you have to consider how you use and carry your phone. If there is the possibility of carrying in your pocket with keys and/or change, then you up the chances of scratching the glass.
    I know females that just throw it in their purse and tote it around. The phone looks like it was kicked down a street.
    And then there are others that manage to never get a single scratch. I'm a bit rough with my phone, so I usually have a lifeproof case, but the screen can be frustrating sometimes.
    I think a screen protector is worth the money, especially of you're considering getting one, because it usually means you recognize the possibility of scratching the screen with normal everyday use. And if you don't like it, it's removable.

17. KTTT

KTTT New Member

In my view, it depends on what case you are using... O_o
    I am fine with the "nude" screen for half a year, should say thanks to my phone case, and myself ~ (lol~yeah i look after it so carefuly!)

18. ipod

ipod Member
    Bronze

Live life. Forget screen protectors. Let your fingers actually feel what it was meant to feel, the glass. Let your eyes see what it was actually meant to see without any hindrance.

I mean come on, why do we protect our phones so much, just so that the next owner can enjoy it? Enjoy it for yourself.

The resale value difference between a cased up phone and a naked one isn't much at all. If anything you're losing more on the cased up phone cause you spent money on protection. Just enjoy life. Being anal just shaves minutes away from your life. Live free.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. Hawk

Hawk Genius
    Gold

I don't resell my old phones. I pass them to my sister after 2 years.
    The reason I protect my phone is repair/replacement costs- even with Apple care or insurance.

20. chriskyo

chriskyo New Member

Of course I use screen protector to avoid the damage of dropping