To Vape or not to Vape E-cig discussion

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Guess I started a bit of a hot topic in another thread on my use of the E-cig (vaping) vs the use of Analogs, or real tobacco type cigs. Thought maybe a dedicated thread would help get other threads back in track.
BTW: I sooo wanted to make this the Official e-cig thread. Hahahha

Redhotchili

Bronze
Feb 19, 2012
I'm a vapor of e-liquid cigs! I started w Blue (they're horrible), and now I do the Torpedo by Hotvapes.com. Bought Torpedo pack at a local smoke shop and it's just like a cig !

Sent using iCafe app

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
My mother Vaped and it helped her quit smoking two years ago. I'm SO PROUD OF HER! She smoked for 50 years! 50! FIVE ZERO!

She's doing awesome now. No more Vaping for her no more cigs either!

MY MOM ROCKS!

People here at work Vape at their desks. It doesn't bother me but others complain. You smell nothing and you don't know their doing it unless you stand watch.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
My mother Vaped and it helped her quit smoking two years ago. I'm SO PROUD OF HER! She smoked for 50 years! 50! FIVE ZERO!

MY MOM ROCKS!

People here at work Vape at their desks. It doesn't bother me but others complain. You smell nothing and you don't know their doing it unless you stand watch.
No fruity smell? I guess they have flavorless too. There was a young couple in front of me in line for the 5s who were chain-vaping Concord grape for much or the twelve hours. It was pretty strong. Grapes will probably always remind me of the iPhone launch day experience.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
No fruity smell? I guess they have flavorless too. There was a young couple in front of me in line for the 5s who were chain-vaping Concord grape for much or the twelve hours. Grapes will probably always remind me of the iPhone launch day experience.

No. No smell at all. I guess they have the old timey ones that first came out without flavor or scent.

Or....wait a second! Maybe that's what the candy smell I smell sometimes is. ROFLMAO! HA! I should ask this one guy if he has a flavored vapor cig. LOL! Yup out of all the folks who do it, he would be the one with a flavored one. Now I want to know!

Now, you @Europa will always have fond Grape scented memories around launch time forever and ever.

Santa

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 2, 2009
Colorado, USA
I don't smoke, but I'm wondering how well this technology will work with that which will be legal and commercially available in Colorado on January 1.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I don't smoke, but I'm wondering how well this technology will work with that which will be legal and commercially available in Colorado on January 1.
Marijuana? I thought that was already legal there? I don't think this type of pipe would work with that. It uses drops of (often flavored) liquid with nicotine that produce water vapor.

Marijuana? I thought that was already legal there? I don't think this type of pipe would work with that. It uses drops of (often flavored) liquid with nicotine that produce water vapor.
You would definitely have to use marijuana oils. But I have seen people convert them to be vapes for that

Santa

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 2, 2009
Colorado, USA
Legal to own, not legal to sell (Until Jan 1) unless for medical use.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
99% use a combination of PG / VG a flavor concentrate and nicotine ( you can get 0 nic level). Hating coil vaporizes the PG/VG giving you the vapor.
There are dry burning type devices that some have used for 'herbs'

PinkBanana

Zealot
Gold
Feb 16, 2010
Burnley, UK
I use a Tornado Tank by Totally Wicked. I used to smoke the original tobacco flavour but it made my throat sore, now I use either Watermelon flavoured or Dr Pepper flavoured liquid. Use mine most of the time at work.

Redhotchili

Bronze
Feb 19, 2012

MY MOM ROCKS!

Sharunda, thx for this--so so encouraging. I've smoked almost 38yrs! How old was she when she quit?

Sent using iPad mini

Redhotchili

Bronze
Feb 19, 2012
No fruity smell? I guess they have flavorless too. There was a young couple in front of me in line for the 5s who were chain-vaping Concord grape for much or the twelve hours. It was pretty strong. Grapes will probably always remind me of the iPhone launch day experience.
LMAO ! This is too funny ! You waited in line for 12 hrs for the 5s?! Where I live (Washington, DC metro area) they were avail for a while. However, after a week they were out of 32GB and I had to get the 64GB that I really don't need.

Sent using iPad mini

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
LMAO ! This is too funny ! You waited in line for 12 hrs for the 5s?! Where I live (Washington, DC metro area) they were avail for a while. However, after a week they were out of 32GB and I had to get the 64GB that I really don't need.

Sent using iPad mini
This used to be par for the course before preorders.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Yeah, I did, but only because they didn't do launch day preorders this year. And if I hadn't I wouldn't have gotten one at all on launch day. They sold out fast in Vegas. The second half of the line didn't get one. I wanted one on launch day and waiting in line was the best way to secure one.

Last edited:

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
Sharunda, thx for this--so so encouraging. I've smoked almost 38yrs! How old was she when she quit?

Sent using iPad mini
@Redhotchili

As a matter of fact, I got that info wrong. I talked to my mother yesterday and I mentioned to her how proud I was of her quitting smoking and she told me she had been smoking for 54 YEARS! WHAT?!?! ROFLMAO! OMG! 54 YEARS! So not 50 like I previously stated.

She also told me it's been almost three years since she quit not just two. So to finally answer your question, she was 63 when she quit. She was not a teen when she started. It may have started one a day or when she could sneak it and as she got older it was just what she did. I remember seeing a pic of her when she was 19 she had a cigarette in her hand in the pic.

@Redhotchili
You can do it! You can quit! Just start loving those vapor cigs like they were your new spouse!

CASEACE79

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 29, 2009
I'm a vaper of 3 years Here's my current setup. Black Rhino Hybrid.