To Vape or not to Vape E-cig discussion

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Coughing is normal when you begin vaping. Are you doing direct lung inhales or mouth then to lung?

Also remember to seriously increase your water intake. Not soda, coffee, tea... Good old aim water. The PG in e-juice can dehydrate you a bit & water does help flush out your system too.
I do drink a lot of water while vaping as my friend recommended and just like I read online. I have been doing direct lung inhales since yesterday but I only recently tried mouth to lung but I like the former better. Which one do you do? And do you feel a difference? And last but not least, how often do you change the coil? My kit came with two disposable coils and one that I can rebuild - my friend says that rebuilding the coil usually results in a better experience than using those disposable ones, but I am not sure if I want to go through the hassle, though.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
Since I was a smoker, I started with MTL (mouth to lung) inhale and a very tight draw that emulated the smoking experience.
As I evolved, and started to enjoy great flavor and vapor production, I moved to full lung inhales.
I also did not want to bother with the hassle of building my own coils at first either. Once you get more experienced, you may start building your own. I feel better knowing exactly what my build and wick is, and can fine tune every parameter for the best experience.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I feel much better about vaping today, for some reason. I woke up, had breakfast, and a while later I started vaping and I have not coughed once since. My mod is on 13W and I refilled the liquid so everything looks good and feels great. I am back to the direct lung inhales because it feels better than MTL for me. Thank you for your input, gentlemen, I truly appreciate it. I may just keep using disposable coils for a while until I learn how to build my own. We have cotton from many origins, like Japanese, but everyone swears by Egyptian cotton so I'll feel confident about the wick. :D

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
This is my fourth day of vaping and I feel better. My sense of smell has vastly improved and I noticed that when a friend of mine walked in the room after smoking a cigarette the other day and I was disgusted by the smell, which was a great sign for me. The coughing has greatly decreased and almost does not happen anymore, except in the morning when I first start vaping. I have increased my water intake as advised and things seem to be going well. I have only refilled the e-liquid once since I got it and I'd like to keep this rate. I hope vaping is going well with all of you guys!

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
This is my fourth day of vaping and I feel better. My sense of smell has vastly improved and I noticed that when a friend of mine walked in the room after smoking a cigarette the other day and I was disgusted by the smell, which was a great sign for me. The coughing has greatly decreased and almost does not happen anymore, except in the morning when I first start vaping. I have increased my water intake as advised and things seem to be going well. I have only refilled the e-liquid once since I got it and I'd like to keep this rate. I hope vaping is going well with all of you guys!
No cigarettes at all?

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I went to an outing with the vaping community today and it was a lot of fun - so many liquids to try, mods to see, and there was event a contest and giveaways, albeit I did not win anything. I purchased a new liquid called Shadow which is a mix of vanilla and custard and it's beautiful, however my absolute favorite from all the ones I tried using my friend's dripper is the G2 Vapor Blue Pop Shock which is imported but there weren't any bottles available for sale, but I'll be looking out for one as soon as possible because it just tastes fantastic! I also had my friend throw out my disposable coil and use the RDA or w.e it's called and the vaping experience has definitely improved; the ohm increased to 0.9 from 0.5 and I can definitely feel the difference. The only thing I am worried about is that I have to swap out the cotton (or the wick if I am not mistaken) every two or three days which seems like a hassle but I believe it's worth it.

I recommend this liquid to anyone who hasn't tried it yet.

Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
Belive me, changing the wick is well worth the effort. Gets u comfortable around the coil and enables you to really appreciate great liquids.
You'll be building coils in no time...

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Changing the wicking material isn't hard at all. Kanger even shows you how in the booklet. But if you need/want real world photos, just let me / us know. I've got a series from when I rebuilt the subtank mini RBA deck.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I'll my friend a visit tonight and have him teach me how to change the wick because I believe I'd have to do it at least every two days, correct? Especially if I change and mix flavors often.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
I'll my friend a visit tonight and have him teach me how to change the wick because I believe I'd have to do it at least every two days, correct? Especially if I change and mix flavors often.
It's best to change the wick whenever you change flavors, but I'm a lazy vaper and don't do that LOL. I've had the same cotton in a build for well over a week with no problems.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Scott and James, I'm curious about a few things regarding vaping. It seems to become a way of life with constant upgrades, replacement parts and such. Does it still end up being cheaper than smoking? Is it something you guys eventually want to quit doing or do you see it as a lifelong habit? Did the person who came up with it get it patented? If so, they have got to be making a killing. It's unbelievable how popular it's become.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Kind of like the iPhone hahahaha

It's up to each individual as far as if they want to 'upgrade' to other devices.
Myself, I'm more of a hobbyist you could say. It is still cheaper for me that smoking though. People sell / trade stuff a lot to offset costs.

Scott and James, I'm curious about a few things regarding vaping. It seems to become a way of life with constant upgrades, replacement parts and such. Does it still end up being cheaper than smoking? Is it something you guys eventually want to quit doing or do you see it as a lifelong habit? Did the person who came up with it get it patented? If so, they have got to be making a killing. It's unbelievable how popular it's become.

Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
My experience as well. I'm still spending less than the 300+ monthly was when I was smoking.
I've gone pretty deep down the rabbit hole, but have bought well, so my costs for new gear are minimal, and am able to subsidize upgrades by selling and trading.
For me, there are many parallels with IPhone lifestyle...
Don't think I'll ever be giving either up anytime soon.

Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
And no, there are patents that I'm aware of. The industry is rampant with good designs being "cloned" by Asian factories churning out subpar hardware.