To Vape or not to Vape E-cig discussion

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Who still vapes? I vaped for quite some time back in 2015 then I stopped and I came back to it around two weeks ago.
I'm still strong in the Vape world & big on advocacy. A little over 3 years and haven't touched combustible tobacco since!

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
@RoofMonkey Unfortunately it has been an on and off experience for me and it feels like I always end up going back to cigarettes, especially when drinking alcohol. I am trying to keep it together this time, though, because even though it has only been a couple of weeks, I already feel like I am doing better. I ditched my Kangertech Subox for an IPV6X and an Aspire Cleito tank, and the bigger airflow definitely feels amazing. I've been switching between two liquids, custard milk and melon and they both taste great; I am looking into DIY solutions, though, and will see if they are feasible since I like changing liquids quite a lot.

We've been experiencing a shortage in foreign currency lately and thus I cannot find any imported battery chargers anywhere in the vaping market, which is causing a problem with my IPV mod since charging through USB is quite dangerous from what I've heard and read, and when doing so I cannot even get the batteries to match voltages and therefore their lifespan is shortened tremendously.

Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
@TarekElsakka
Can't help with the DIY liquid, but I will say I've never heard about safety issues charging via USB.
My issue is the speed of that process. To stay off the analogs, I NEED to know I'll always have a working mod, and can't wait for a unit to charge via USB, which can be as slow as .5 amp.
That definitely won't keep up with my needs.
If you are interested, sure we could help get a suitable charger on its way to you....

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
@snowtrooper1966 I truly appreciate that, thank you. I finally found a Nitecore i2 charger for two batteries and I am hopefully going to pick it up tonight. There were a lot of safety issues when charging via USB with the IPV4 and the IPV5, with some actually catching fire and stuff, and it also shortens the lifespan of the batteries. My batteries now charge to up to 4.02v only and they are never married, meaning when battery 1 is 4.02, battery 2 is usually 3.80, and I've heard that that is not good.

Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
Ah, though you were generalizing about USB charging, not specifying know issues with particular mod.

I have been using Vapor Flasks for the past two years, that incorporate a twin 18650 parallel configuration, that effectively double the mAh(milliamp hours) time a charge lasts.

IMG_7252.JPG

It's fairly important that the batteries are high quality, purchased at the same time (from the same batch/even better), remain together and are charged/discharged at the same rate.

As we are now working with chemical reactions from different sources(the two cells), we need a way to ensure that the reactions are occurring at a similar pace. If one battery is close to the end of its life cycle, it will cause the newer battery to work harder, doing not only its own job but also covering the slack from its partner.
It’s there is an imbalance, it's possible for one to be discharged below the normal acceptable safe low threshold of 3.2v, possibly causing damage to the battery and maybe your device.

That being said, regulated box mods have low limit warnings, so as long as you are not continuing to pulse the cells after that, you should be OK for the time being.
A few charge/discharge cycles in the nitecore may get them back in line.
I would however, strongly recommend purchasing a couple sets from a reputable source.

These authentic Sony cells are inexpensive from this source and well documented as a very good choice:

https://www.imrbatteries.com/sony-vtc5-18650-2600mah-30a-flat-top-battery/

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Thank you for the link. I got the Nitecore i2 charger last night and it took almost 6 hours in order to fully charge the LG 3000mAh batteries I am using. When I inserted them into the mod and measured the voltages, battery 1 was 4.20 and battery 2 was 4.02 which I believe means I should be replacing both batteries soon and keeping them as backups.

A guy I know sells Sony VTC6 3000mAh authentic batteries so I am probably going to be picking those up when I have enough money. For the time being, I'll just keep using the same batteries and the Nitecore charger.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Thank you for the link. I got the Nitecore i2 charger last night and it took almost 6 hours in order to fully charge the LG 3000mAh batteries I am using. When I inserted them into the mod and measured the voltages, battery 1 was 4.20 and battery 2 was 4.02 which I believe means I should be replacing both batteries soon and keeping them as backups.

A guy I know sells Sony VTC6 3000mAh authentic batteries so I am probably going to be picking those up when I have enough money. For the time being, I'll just keep using the same batteries and the Nitecore charger.
Do you happen to know if that Nitecore i2 is the older or the new 2016 model?

Reason I'm asking is that the older version charges at a max of .5amps
The newer model charges up to 1amp.

From the charging time you mention, it sounds like it's probably the older version, which doesn't mean it's a bad charger, just that the time you mention sounds about average for 2 batteries being fully charged.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
@RoofMonkey I have the older 2014 version, and yes, a bunch of people who have the same charger and batteries confirmed that it takes 6 hours or more to fully charge both 3000mAh batteries.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I have been studying up on the differences between RBA, RDA, and RTA atomizers. I am going to be buying another tank soon because I like switching flavors throughout the day, and I am still looking at the options available in the market. Do you guys have any recommendations? I absolutely love the SMOK TFV8 Cloud Beast Tank but I don't think I've seen it here before and ordering anything is currently not an option so I am limited whatever is available locally.

I don't know how to build coils but I want a RBA or RTA in order to learn.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
I have been studying up on the differences between RBA, RDA, and RTA atomizers. I am going to be buying another tank soon because I like switching flavors throughout the day, and I am still looking at the options available in the market. Do you guys have any recommendations? I absolutely love the SMOK TFV8 Cloud Beast Tank but I don't think I've seen it here before and ordering anything is currently not an option so I am limited whatever is available locally.

I don't know how to build coils but I want a RBA or RTA in order to learn.
The RTDA I've been using lately & really liking is the Limitless XL.
It comes with 2 rba decks ( 1 single coil & 1 dual coil ) and a prebuilt coil. It's a great all in one package since you can buy other prebuilt coils until you get comfortable building in the rda decks.
ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1478434450.029942.jpg

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1478434464.662655.jpg

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1478434479.112082.jpg

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
@snowtrooper1966 Interesting! I really like the design of the glass tube and the drip tip, it looks more like a hookah than a vape.

I think I've decided on the Serpent Mini 25 because it is widely available here and it uses RTA coils, and I can find replacement parts for it in case anything happens. I don't think I have ever seen the Limitless XL tank or the asmAir one before.

Rgn

Contributor
Bronze
Apr 29, 2013
IMG_0012.JPG
I just got an O2 Pur e-cig and variety of e juice.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
That would be FALSE. The diacetyl referred to that was the cause of 'popcorn lung' was in a powdered form. It was added to popcorn to give it the extra buttery taste. Failure of wearing respiratory equipment and inhaling the powder was the cause of 'popcorn lung'
Most e liquids have done away with diacetyl anyway, but it was never used in a powder form in e cigarettes.

More info: http://info-electronic-cigarette.com/popcorn-lung-e-cigs-the-truth-about-diacetyl/

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.

These are my latest purchases. I am looking for the GeekVape Ammit because I've heard great things about it, however I'm in love with the Merlin Mini RTA at the moment.

Last edited:

Rgn

Contributor
Bronze
Apr 29, 2013
It is so different with 02 Pur. I've had other e-cigarettes but 02PUR is a lot better experience. Blu and newhere don't have ajustable nicotine strenths. One size fits all with them. O 2 PUR tou get 0,6 , 12 or 24 strength