To Vape or not to Vape E-cig discussion

Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
There will always be conflicting arguments and "studies" regarding such issues, especially since vaping is becoming an annoyance to the cigarette industry. I will always take such studies with a grain of salt, though, because I really do feel better since I started vaping and that's all that matters to me, and YES, I am aware that both vaping and analogs are not safe or healthy.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
I will always take such studies with a grain of salt, though, because I really do feel better since I started vaping and that's all that matters to me, and YES, I am aware that both vaping and analogs are not safe or healthy.
I actually agree that one must appraise the evidence before blindly believing it. You feel better as compared to smoking or as compared to not using any form of tobacco? All I'm saying that as critical as one may be of whether it's safe or not, not vaping is most certainly healthier than vaping. I'm not being critical of you, I was making a counter argument to your previous statement regarding your "scaremongering" argument. Vape away, I really do not judge as I have plenty of unhealthy habits and are the least qualified to point fingers :)

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
@liberated I feel better compared to when I smoked, of course. My ultimate goal is to give up vaping and any kind of "smoking" altogether, but I really don't have a certain time frame on when I will be able to do that; however, I just want to avoid going back to cigarettes in the time being.

Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
^
At least the reports exposed the real issue, although the headlines contained the typical misleading anti vaping rhetoric.
The real cause, ignoring battery safety protocols.
I think every kid who has ever tested out a 9v cell with thier tongue would understand the simple concept, and could correctly extrapolate the inherent danger of a prolonged short with loose change and a power cell in a pocket...
Natural selection at work I suppose.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
"Terrence Johnson and Rachel Rex were leaving a restaurant when a loose e-cigarette battery made contact with coins in his pocket"

Seems to be the issue with, I'd guess, 99% of the battery 'explosions" the media runs with :-(

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
It's very simple, really, read the instructions manual and read about battery safety online, especially if you're buying a mechanical mod since regulated ones do most of the work for you. I've seen many similar reports online, and the main cause is almost always the ignorance of the user when it comes to that kind of things. That same logic can be applied to many things in life and is not really a "safety issue" with vaping. The same goes for vehicle DIY repairs and tuning, for example, because if you don't know what you're doing, you'll end up messing things up and paying the price at the end, be it your wallet or even your life.