today in post civil war history..

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
today i was in my post civil war history class and we were talking about how in the 1950's people got most of their news from television and moved away from the news reels seen in movie theaters and also listening to the radio for the news. anyway, after my teacher said that, a girl raises her hand and asks this question(i will not censor this in any way, as for it was not censored for me):

"Is that why they call them newspapers?"

. . .

. . .

. . .

yes, she was asking if the reason newspapers are called newspapers because they hold information(news if you will) in the pages.

after hearing this i just looked at the teacher(a poor man from Germany who has only been in America for 8years but definitely knows his stuff) and saw the most confused look on his face. i'm guessing that he was thinking that he misunderstood her, or that him being German was keeping him from being able to answer the girls question...

after this comment i proceeded to put my head down on the table and laugh quietly to myself.

after class i got up from my chair, walked outside, and yelled(not too loud but kinda loud): "IS THAT WHY THEY CALL IT A NEWSPAPER?!?!?"

my friend and i just laughed all the way home.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Ahahahha it never ceases to amaze me what questions you'll hear sometimes. Definitely makes the, "Are there 2 speakers?" questions on here look halfway educated. I would have busted out laughing and said something mean.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
The other day in Algebra for some reason a girl in class was asked what 42 divided by 6 was. Her response was "Uhmm..... uhm.... let's see... heh.. It's the simple problems that puzzle me... hmm...."

This is Algebra 1. (I'm kind of a student-teacher for that class in my free period.)

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
The other day in Algebra for some reason a girl in class was asked what 42 divided by 6 was. Her response was "Uhmm..... uhm.... let's see... heh.. It's the simple problems that puzzle me... hmm...."

This is Algebra 1. (I'm kind of a student-teacher for that class in my free period.)
"it's always tying my shoes in the morning that gets me..."*looks at the girls shoes, and oh yes, they're velcro.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
It's like the old trick in elementary school. "Your socks are untied!" and 9 times out of 10 they look. It's almost too easy. Actually, I've used that in high school and college as well. It amazes me who they'll let into universities these days.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
Touche. Nothing against CCs though, I've taken some CC classes and prefer them over my 300+ person classes in an auditorium anyday.
oh well i'm only at CC because i'm going to be a doctor, and there is no good reason for me to go to UT now.(not university of tenn -,-)