Today is the Day!

Discussion in 'iPhone 8' started by bballrob, Oct 3, 2017.

1. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

So I was traveling when my new iPhone 8 Plus was delivered on September 26th. I finally made it home last night, and my iPhone 8 Plus was waiting. I have yet to even open the outer box yet, but will be doing so soon. My iPhone 7 Plus is backing up right now, and as soon as it is done, it will be time to open the 8 Plus.

One question. I ordered the 8 Plus under my wife’s number, but she is inheriting my 7 Plus and I get the new 8 Plus.

Do I just put the sim card from my old 7 Plus into the 8 Plus and restore from my MBP, and then put the SIM card from the new 8 Plus into my 7 Plus and restore my wife’s phone from her backup on the Mac mini??

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

You and @Sharunda should be tag-teaming this. Where the hell has she been?! I sometimes miss her all caps- and emoji-laden posts.

3. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

I miss her too. Had some good exchanges back in the day. Especially the day of the original Golden iPhone.

4. radtechy01

radtechy01 Member
    Bronze

They sent the 8’s from Verizon pre activated with the number programmed in them which seemed new to me. It says if that’s not the number it’s going on to call them

How did it work for you

5. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

I was told to switch SIM cards before turning on the new phone, which I did. When I first did, it asked me about something related to my wife’s phone number. I said yes. But once I went through the full setup with my SIM card in it, it was working on my number and restored with no problems. I have service with AT&T.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk