Todays The Day!

twista_8604

Bronze
Mar 6, 2008
washington
ok guys today is the day! i got my 600$ check from bush and damnit im gonna buy an iPhone with it. bush kills the contry and i get an iPhone out of it, fair trade?

NOW, i have tmobile. what do i need to get this thing off the ground?
i plan to buy the phone. download ziPhone. then let it do the unlocking thing! what else am i going to need? do i need iTunes? and just in case something goes wrong where can i get the v. 1.1.4 restore files?

i know i need iTunes and a certian file to restore.

what am i missing?

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
hate to ruin your big day, but have you considered waiting another month to find out what will happen with V. 2? all indications show a better phone at a considerably reduced price. if you're like me, you'll throw caution to the wind and just go get your phone. if you've got a bit of patience, i'd say wait it out.

otherwise, yes...you'll need the most recent version of iTunes to get started. there's a Sticky created by John that shows the steps to unlocking. i'd look at that also.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
hate to ruin your big day, but have you considered waiting another month to find out what will happen with V. 2? all indications show a better phone at a considerably reduced price. if you're like me, you'll throw caution to the wind and just go get your phone. if you've got a bit of patience, i'd say wait it out.

otherwise, yes...you'll need the most recent version of iTunes to get started. there's a Sticky created by John that shows the steps to unlocking. i'd look at that also.
that sticky is for Jailbreaking.

the sticky for unlockng is mine.
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/t...look-here-before-you-post-a-new-thread.21517/

Last edited by a moderator:

twista_8604

Bronze
Mar 6, 2008
washington
o screw it, imma go talk to the guys at the Apple store and im sure i will end up buying today! i mean the contry did go to crap for this. so it would be a crime if i didn't go get it

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
That's the spirit... get it and enjoy it now. It's the American thing to do.

I think rumors of a substantially cheaper V2 iPhone are greatly exaggerated. And feature-wise, it's looking like 3G and maaaaybe GPS but that's about it. So if you don't really need those things, I say go for it today!

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Well you won't be buying online today, that's for sure....

I'd, uh...wait buddy. ;)

You buy one today and they announce the new one this week (with much better features) and
your gonna be pissed!

Of course you could probably just take it back and get the new one to. :laugh2:

Good Luck and Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:

twista_8604

Bronze
Mar 6, 2008
washington
do i need iTunes to unlock this phone? or can i just plug it in and hit the do it all button?

twista_8604

Bronze
Mar 6, 2008
washington
alright guys, i am now the proud owner of a fully unlocked, jailbroken, 16 gig iPhone. now just to figuer out how to get the contacts over and we are golden. hmmm. i hate my old crap little Samsung

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
are they on your SIM card?

if so, just do this

Installer,
Install tab,
All Packages,
Community Sources,
Install,
then, choose the iClarified section,
choose SIMport

and use that app to transfer all the contacts.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
alright guys, i am now the proud owner of a fully unlocked, jailbroken, 16 gig iPhone. now just to figuer out how to get the contacts over and we are golden. hmmm. i hate my old crap little Samsung
Congrats on the purchase! Yeah, you!

gotpancakes

Bronze
Nov 24, 2007
.......some people I just don't understand.=( WHY didn't U WAIT!?. Jesus your ganna hate your self in about 1 month.

OCiBot

May 9, 2008
CO
Hey, twista...more power to ya! No one really knows how improved V2 will be or the news would be out there by now. And the allure of an iPhone is pretty serious. If I found one of those things in my mailbox, I'd probably be at an AT&T store about an hour after that. :p