Tomorrow my TurboSIM arrives. Freedom, yeah!

SingleDouble

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
It's on a plane and on my way. Soon I'll be able to use my iPhone as a PHONE and not just an expensive gizmo! And on any GSM network I feel like using it, like say ROGERS in Canada.

Freedom, yeah!

Anyone else?

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
ugh how much did you pay for yours..? my bro got it for $520
So that means basically people are paying 1120 dollars for a iPhone to use with any carrier. Plus the 200 dollars they have to pay for leaving AT&T. I guess it's ok if you never activate it through i-tunes.

You know, I've have several unlocked phones. Both Razor phones I had were unlocked. I just don't see the point with the iPhone. AT&T gives me everything I need to make my phone work properly.

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
It's on a plane and on my way. Soon I'll be able to use my iPhone as a PHONE and not just an expensive gizmo! And on any GSM network I feel like using it, like say ROGERS in Canada.

Freedom, yeah!

Anyone else?

Last I heard, Rogers charges astronomically high data rates.....

ahaxton

Aug 5, 2007
I beg to differ... I whipped out 600 for a phone in a second. But paying a extra 500 for a Simcard makes my butt pucker up.
Well I guess it depends on who you are and for what reasons you bought a 600 dollar phone. The people in my circles who have iPhones make enough cash that 500 isn't a big deal.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Well I guess it depends on who you are and for what reasons you bought a 600 dollar phone. The people in my circles who have iPhones make enough cash that 500 isn't a big deal.
Like I said, "must be nice".

I don't mean any disrespect, I mean its your money, you can buy any damn thing you want.

But thay just seems crazy! By the time you get everything settled the way you want it, you've spent nearly $1500 bucks!

Now I was one that somewhat cringed when the iPhone price was set, but for close to $1500 I'd stay iPhoneless for quite sometime or indefinitely.

But gl to ya, and if you're rich go on and send one of those iPhones over this way, I mean, again, what's 500 bucks. =)

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
I never said I didn't have the money, or the people in MY CIRCLES didn't have a extra 500 dollars. I just can't think of a good reason to pull 500 out for a Turbo Simcard. I guess it's all in priorites and not IF you have the cash laying around.