ToneFX on iOS 5

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
I have sent messages to the developers of this App asking if they were going to do a update for iOS5. I never got a reply. A simple Yes or No would have been just fine with me. I hate buying a App from Cydia and then no one supporting it afterwards.

Anyway.., I just thought I would ask if there is a alternative to App..?

Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
There's a tweak that just came out that changes the system sounds and works with iOS5. I can't remember the exact name, but "sounds" is in the name and should be in the undated section of cydia still.

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
Well..., Mine works partially snowtrooper. It does ringtones fine, and normal texts. However I do not get any sound if it's a imessage nor on any alert notification like Email or Facebook.

Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
Spoke too soon...;-)
Downloaded Star Wars alert tone from iTunes last night, not showing up in Tone FX Pro 2. Odd since others I've purchase do.
I only use one notification alert tone, and it works.
Global txt alert tones work managed through ToneFX, with specific ones for different callers managed through stock settings/contacts.

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
Found this.... possibly what gotzaiPhone meant...?
I found that tweak in Cydia. I just hate to spend more money to do something, that I already spent money on.
It's not that I mind paying 99 cents or even 4.99 for ToneFx. Just tired of spending more money on stuff, that I won't get any support on. The ToneFx people, just had to say, "Yes we are doing a update, or No we are not planning on doing a update." Either way, I would be fine. I guess I'm more upset about the lack of response, than ToneFX not working properly.

vice86

Bronze
Oct 16, 2009
Poconos, NJ, NYC
the ToneFX folks have really annoyed me. I paid for both their apps and after multiple emails to them about an issue I'm having....not one reply back. They'll quickly take your money but don't help you when you need it.

My issue is that alerts will end up stopping the playing of music or sounds apps I'm listening too and I manually have to hit play to get them going again. Annoying. Had no issues with ToneFX 1.0.

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
Vice86.., I just started having one other issue. On incoming calls it does rotate ringtones like it's suppose to. However as I answer the call and put the phone to my ear. The ringtone will start all over. I have to hit the down button on Volume to get it to quit.