ToneFX on iOS 5

Discussion in 'Cydia Apps' started by coop1701, Feb 21, 2012.

1. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

I have sent messages to the developers of this App asking if they were going to do a update for iOS5. I never got a reply. A simple Yes or No would have been just fine with me. I hate buying a App from Cydia and then no one supporting it afterwards.

Anyway.., I just thought I would ask if there is a alternative to App..?

2. gotzaiPhone

gotzaiPhone Zealot
    Gold

There's a tweak that just came out that changes the system sounds and works with iOS5. I can't remember the exact name, but "sounds" is in the name and should be in the undated section of cydia still.

3. snowtrooper1966

Gold

ToneFX Pro2 works fine for me, one of the major reasons unused Absinthe....

4. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

Well..., Mine works partially snowtrooper. It does ringtones fine, and normal texts. However I do not get any sound if it's a imessage nor on any alert notification like Email or Facebook.

5. snowtrooper1966

Gold

Spoke too soon...;-)
    Downloaded Star Wars alert tone from iTunes last night, not showing up in Tone FX Pro 2. Odd since others I've purchase do.
    I only use one notification alert tone, and it works.
    Global txt alert tones work managed through ToneFX, with specific ones for different callers managed through stock settings/contacts.

6. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

Found this.... possibly what gotzaiPhone meant...?

7. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

I found that tweak in Cydia. I just hate to spend more money to do something, that I already spent money on.
    It's not that I mind paying 99 cents or even 4.99 for ToneFx. Just tired of spending more money on stuff, that I won't get any support on. The ToneFx people, just had to say, "Yes we are doing a update, or No we are not planning on doing a update." Either way, I would be fine. I guess I'm more upset about the lack of response, than ToneFX not working properly.

8. gotzaiPhone

gotzaiPhone Zealot
    Gold

That might be the one, but not 100%. The reviewer never let us hear if the unlock or lock sound was changed and the one I saw in cydia did specifically change those sounds. Sorry I can't be more help.

9. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

I appreciate it gotzaiPhone...,

10. snowtrooper1966

Gold

Other one is called unlockFX, IIRC.
    Both are more for custom unlock animation, and do not appear to have the same level of sound tweak ability as ToneFX....

11. vice86

vice86 Member
    Bronze

the ToneFX folks have really annoyed me. I paid for both their apps and after multiple emails to them about an issue I'm having....not one reply back. They'll quickly take your money but don't help you when you need it.

My issue is that alerts will end up stopping the playing of music or sounds apps I'm listening too and I manually have to hit play to get them going again. Annoying. Had no issues with ToneFX 1.0.

12. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

Vice86.., I just started having one other issue. On incoming calls it does rotate ringtones like it's suppose to. However as I answer the call and put the phone to my ear. The ringtone will start all over. I have to hit the down button on Volume to get it to quit.