tons of cool new stuff in Installer today...

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i hadn't checked in a day or so (which is a LONG time for me), and i found all of this stuff just now:

-categories (allows you to create folders (i think you mac guys call them "stacks" if i am not mistaken) of apps to consolidate icons on your springboard)
-Go (the game in "Pi" and "A Beautiful Mind")
-Unit Converter (<- it's awesome!)
-several HP Calculator emulators
-Simplify Media Mobile (sounds like it's for streaming media through either wifi or VPN or something...)

anyway, i'm most excited about these...

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I was noticing some of those late last night too - couldn't keep eyes open to check any of 'em out - will get to that today. I think the last several weeks there's been a lot of good momentum on cool new apps ...

kengelmann

Bronze
Oct 31, 2007
What does this mean?

I'm probably missing the obvious, but, what is the "installer"?

i hadn't checked in a day or so (which is a LONG time for me), and i found all of this stuff just now:

-categories (allows you to create folders (i think you mac guys call them "stacks" if i am not mistaken) of apps to consolidate icons on your springboard)
-Go (the game in "Pi" and "A Beautiful Mind")
-Unit Converter (<- it's awesome!)
-several HP Calculator emulators
-Simplify Media Mobile (sounds like it's for streaming media through either wifi or VPN or something...)

anyway, i'm most excited about these...

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
I'm probably missing the obvious, but, what is the "installer"?
Installer is the app that installs itself when you jailbreak the phone. When you open Installer, it lists a bunch of apps that it installs on your phone when selected. This is where most people find all these apps.

kengelmann

Bronze
Oct 31, 2007
thanks, my phone is not jail broken, so, I am patiently waiting for the almight Apple to release SDK, MMS, etc...

Installer is the app that installs itself when you jailbreak the phone. When you open Installer, it lists a bunch of apps that it installs on your phone when selected. This is where most people find all these apps.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
the only problem I have with it is it leaves out some apps... for example photo and camera... so I'm jus tgoing to continue using dock until this is fixed... or until "stack" has customized stacks.