too many contacts

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

kewl!o

Bronze
May 28, 2007
Apex, NC
thethirdrail.wordpress.com
I sync'd my iPhone with Yahoo! address book...but there were duplicates I didn't realize (lots of them). Now, I don't find any way to get rid of the duplicates on iPhone (i went through them all on Yahoo! - over 1000), except to tediously go one by one.

Is there a way to say to delete them all? or to take Yahoo! as the correct list? It seems to just add contacts w/o removing any missing.

Thanks for any help!
K

shift_2kmaxima

Bronze
Jun 9, 2007
go to settings>general>reset>erase all content and settings
idk if that would do it but u can give it a shot lol

later

thegasguru

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
There are lots of shareware apps that remove duplicates from Outlook. You could import your contacts into Outlook, remove dupes with whatever shareware app you like, then re-sync.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
You don't need to erase all content and settings. Just delete all of your email accounts from the phone and set them back up again. When it asks you if you want to keep the old contacts (or something like that, I can't remember exactly how it's worded) click no. When it syncs afterwards, it will only sync one set of contacts on.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
You don't need to erase all content and settings. Just delete all of your email accounts from the phone and set them back up again. When it asks you if you want to keep the old contacts (or something like that, I can't remember exactly how it's worded) click no. When it syncs afterwards, it will only sync one set of contacts on.
Yes. Do this.

Why the hell would you erase all contents and settings? WTF? That takes a SOLID 2 hours. Try the simple, smart solution first, people.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Holy Crap! I just realized I was duped by the trickery of a spammer who resurrected this thread from the dead! Ahhhh!
This thread is 2 years old (the date is soo similar to the current date so I didn't notice).

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Holy Crap! I just realized I was duped by the trickery of a spammer who resurrected this thread from the dead! Ahhhh!
This thread is 2 years old (the date is soo similar to the current date so I didn't notice).
Ha. Wow. I didn't see any spam... Good eye though.