Too scared to use your iPhone?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I would be a 3. I am not stupid with it but I did buy it to use it and I do.

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
I haven't went to the ghetto to use my phone yet. I guess I'll have to make a special trip.

wrhutch

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Pottsboro Texas
Definitely a 3. In the beginning I was a 1, not because of fear but it got old explaining to everyone that yes it is an iPhone and no I prefer that you don’t hold it.

GailLA

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 13, 2007
Northern IL
I think I'm a a 2.9. I have it in a Sena case so I guess that obscures what it is just a bit, and I don't go waving it about saying, "lookee here is an iPhone", but I use it whenever and wherever I need to. I'm much more concerned about having a good signal wherever I use it.

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
3 - it is a phone, or at least tries to be. If anything I am a 3+ since I sometimes need to do a lot of moving around and posing to have a reliable call occur. The phone does not do well as a phone and drops calls frequently even with 5 bars and only 2 fingers on the phone gently holding it from the top two corners so to not block the antenna.

a noobstar

Bronze
Dec 30, 2007
Im between a 1 and 2, I try and hide it a lot in public because I hate drawing peoples attention and when people see it all they do is freak out and ask to use it. (I'm in highschool)

brockly

Bronze
Dec 20, 2007
me 2.3 when i walk or every 20 min i tap my pocket knowing its there and i didn't leave it somewhere. but i know i never put it down if i'm not in my house.

a noobstar

Bronze
Dec 30, 2007
yeah I always tap my pocket to make sure its there and when its not I freak out but it ussially ends up being in my hand...

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Kind of obvious that everyone is anxiously awaiting an update that may never come... I would say I am a 3++, honestly, if someone is bold enough to take my phone from me then obviously they need it more than I do, I'm not going to risk my life protecting it but I certainly won't be afraid to use it anywhere.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
2.7. Everyone knows that I have an iPhone - and I'm okay with that. I just don't go flashing it about when not necessary.

- John

Oct 4, 2007
San Francisco
I'm a 3. I use it whenever I have to and I don't care who's around me, only an idiot would try to rob me for my phone...

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
My problem is i use it everywhere, but i generally hate people asking me about it. I find the "awe factor" rather embarrassing, to be honest.

"Guys! hey! Look! He's got an iPhone!"

Yes, it's an iPhone. No, i really don't want to have a conversation about it. Touch it? Will that shut you up?

and as if that weren't enough, you get the people that have the cahones to ask you, "so, are you satisfied with it?" because they've heard a couple of their friends jealously rant about it not having MMS or something...

AND THEN there's the people who ask you (obviously knowing the answer beforehand), "So HOW much did you pay for it? Whooooah... that's too rich for MY blood! Ha-ha..." and then proceed to make assumptions about you because you're obviously an Apple fanboy, and you obviously have more money than you know what to do with, and you obviously are an arrogant bastard because you can't answer a few simple questions from someone that is bothering you while you're trying to eat and check your email.

GOD! leave me the F alone!

**deep breath** Serenity now...

i really am a nice guy, i swear.

phsycology

Zealot
Gold
Dec 29, 2007
Bolton, United Kingdom
Yeah I know what you mean. I was out with a friend a few days ago and when he found out I had my iPhone he was like "Wow! Can I touch the screen?"

that's one of the reasons I try not to broadcast that I have it.