Top of touch screen isn't working. Help please.

DeathBySnuggles

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Tampa, Fl
I got caught in a really bad rain coming home from work on my motorcycle. My phone was in the front pocket of my jacket. The phone works, however the top half of the screen is not receptive to touch. If i press for text messages, nothing. I have a voicemail that i can't listen to because it's at the top, and i can't turn the phone off because I can't move the slider.

Is there a way to turn the phone off without the slider? hopefully if it dries out it will start working again. And is there anyway to retrieve a voicemail other than through the interface?

Thanks

edit: answered my own question about powering it off. but the voicemail retrieval query remains.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I got caught in a really bad rain coming home from work on my motorcycle. My phone was in the front pocket of my jacket. The phone works, however the top half of the screen is not receptive to touch. If i press for text messages, nothing. I have a voicemail that i can't listen to because it's at the top, and i can't turn the phone off because I can't move the slider.

Is there a way to turn the phone off without the slider? hopefully if it dries out it will start working again. And is there anyway to retrieve a voicemail other than through the interface?

Thanks
You can call your number from a land line and type in your passcode. As far as drying it out, try placing it in a baggie with a cup of raw rice.

Good luck.

DeathBySnuggles

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Tampa, Fl
calling from a landline and popping in my passcode didn't work. got the "invalid" command message. I called tech support and they made things worse. They reset my passcode and sent to me. Except I can't push the Save button in my visual voicemail, so now I have no voicemail at all. thanks tech support. I'll give the bag of rice a try. otherwise, looks like i'm forced to upgrade to 3g. oh, and my phone is 8 days out of warranty.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
calling from a landline and popping in my passcode didn't work. got the "invalid" command message. I called tech support and they made things worse. They reset my passcode and sent to me. Except I can't push the Save button in my visual voicemail, so now I have no voicemail at all. thanks tech support. I'll give the bag of rice a try. otherwise, looks like i'm forced to upgrade to 3g. oh, and my phone is 8 days out of warranty.
Warranty doesn't cover water damage anyway. That's rotten luck.