Total Lock-Out ! Urgent help needed

Gavo

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
Liverpool
I recently updated my 2g iPhone to 2.2 as I was having some probs with 1.1.4 and it eventually froze up and the only way I could get it alive was in recovery mode. As I was going to restore & unlock again anyway I thought I may as well upgrade to 2.2.

Everything went great using the iTunes update then Quickpwn to unlock & jailbreak. It was all working great & was getting used to the new updates in 2.2. .... Its now started to lock up when the phone is locked. The only way I can get it back is by pressing power & home to get the Apple logo then it goes back to the unlock screen, so it doesn't restart just goes back to where it was. While its in this locked state it doesn't function at all as I've tried ringing the phone and it rings until going to answer machine (the iPhone itself doesn't ring, just the line I'm using to call it).

I've tried restoring to various firmwares, not 1.1.4 though as this seems to fail everytime I try and go back to it, with no joy ... after a while it just locks up again until I do the 'hard unlock' back to the main unlock screen !

Anyone else had this ? ... its driving me nuts ! :(

NB : It doesn't lock/freeze if the phone is charging.

Gavo

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Ok, first, try restoring to stock. then make sure that all communications are working. (BT, WiFI, Location Services, etc.)
Once you have verified that Stock is working, start rebuilding your profile as a NEW phone. Once you have finished, sync and then follow the steps to jailbreak again.

If you have problems with restoring, turn the phone off. Launch iTunes. Hold down the home button and keep holding it down as you connect the cable to the phone. release when you get the Connect to iTunes logo. it may take up to 15 minutes for iTunes to recognize your phone and allow you to restore. Make sure that you are restoring to the lastest version of firmware you have already installed, as downgrading does not affect the updated baseband.

Gavo

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
Liverpool
Did all that again and left it totally bare with none of my files, no music no mods etc .. totally standard ... and it lasted about an hour and its just gone again now !

Whats the best tool / app to use for unlocking? I noticed Quickpwn didn't ask me if I wanted to unlock and didn't ask me for the boot loader files which I thought were essential for a 2g iPhone going onto 2.2 :(

Feels like I'm fighting a losing battle at the moment !

Gavo

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
Liverpool
Ok, I used the Pwnage tool to do a complete restore, unlock etc and created my own custom firmware with bootloaders included etc etc ... however well the phone works on 2.2 it still locks out every so often ! :(

This is really annoying me know so if anyone has had any experience of this please let me know or point me in the right direction as something is telling it to go into a kind of 'safe mode' until I reset it to go back to the unlock screen.