Total Monthly Charge

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jan 11, 2007
Cary, NC
For folks who have signed up for the $59 AT&T iPhone plan - has anyone got a bill yet that has what the total monthly charge comes to? I know these cell phone companies always tack on additional taxes, regulatory charges, etc. and am wondering what the total bottom line is.

glenrich78

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Mine breaks down as follows:

Rate Plan: $39.99
iPhone Data Plan + 200 Text Messages: $20.00
Prorated Charges For First Few Days: $6.00
Activation Fee: $36.00
Government Fees & Taxes: $4.75
Federal Universal Service Charge: $2.45

Grand Total For First Bill: $109.49

Jeremiah

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
Maryland
In total I think you would pay 73.19 according to what glenrich posted, minus the activation fee. But, I couldn't say for sure, because I'm on a family plan with 4 phones, and a wireless card, and that ends up being 294$ and thats with the 19% discount we get on our plan.

DeeRector2

Bronze
Aug 30, 2007
No National Discount for city workers!

This is total bullsh*t. Why should we be penailized for working for the city. I am NYC Fireman and in the past I received credit on all my bills even purchasing new phones because im a city employee. This discount is available for us city workers for every phone out there but the iPhone. This is ludicrous. This makes me furious. Im so glad that the phone was hacked and pretty soon all companies will have it.. AT&T got what they deserved. Everything comes full circle!

For folks who have signed up for the $59 AT&T iPhone plan - has anyone got a bill yet that has what the total monthly charge comes to? I know these cell phone companies always tack on additional taxes, regulatory charges, etc. and am wondering what the total bottom line is.

nobbie

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
This is total bullsh*t. Why should we be penailized for working for the city. I am NYC Fireman and in the past I received credit on all my bills even purchasing new phones because im a city employee. This discount is available for us city workers for every phone out there but the iPhone. This is ludicrous. This makes me furious. Im so glad that the phone was hacked and pretty soon all companies will have it.. AT&T got what they deserved. Everything comes full circle!
What do you mean penalized? No one else is getting a discount.

nobbie

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
$51.64/month for 200 rollover minutes, unlimited data and no SMS.

Oh, and NO two-year contract! :cool:

Since I usually just email and surf the net, this works out great. My actual phone usage is limited to one minute "where are you?" calls, and I've already got 300 minutes stockpiled.

When iPhone II comes out, I can unlock mine and let my kid, who's on T-mobile use it! LOL!

DeeRector2

Bronze
Aug 30, 2007
penalized as in I was getting the discount with my old phones... now that I go out and buy the most expensive phone on the market I get penalized for losing my monthly discount. Thats bull. I know nobody gets it...But why the hell should they say "Oh can have the discount with all phone but the iPhone". What kinda crap is that?

What do you mean penalized? No one else is getting a discount.

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
I have the $60/month plan but my first bill was $120! They actually charge you a month in advance. So I paid all the activation fees+1/2 month because I got my iPhone about 2 weeks before the billing period + 1 month in advance, which i think doesn't make sense at all. Why would you charge me for something that has not happened yet?

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
penalized as in I was getting the discount with my old phones... now that I go out and buy the most expensive phone on the market I get penalized for losing my monthly discount. Thats bull. I know nobody gets it...But why the hell should they say "Oh can have the discount with all phone but the iPhone". What kinda crap is that?
First, thanks for what you do by being a NYC fireman. Secondly however, it is well known and well advertised that no discounts apply. I'm sorry that you did not know it before you purchased your phone. Would it have mad a difference in your purchase decision? If so you can always return it?

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
Sounds to me like everyone who does not work for the city are the ones being penalized. They just brought you down to our level.:p

lilnef

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
im thinking bout calling ATT because mine came out to 234 dollars or something close. i just want to know why.

bbguy5

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
Rolling Meadows, IL
Well since cingular was bought by ATT or merged whatever, their website has taken a turn for the worse. I can't even get in to see how much it was.

I think:
I am Getting my army discount on my cell rate plan (19%) even though they said it wouldn't apply
I did not get charged an activation fee

Macster

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Oregon
I'm a police officer, and had the city/government discount also. Gave it up for the iPhone, with no regrets. AT&T was pretty straight forward when they said no other discounts apply.

I have the family plan with two iPhones, my total bill is right at $116 a month. It went up from an average of $78 a month for two phones, with the wonderful government discount.