Total Noob question, loading music

Oct 1, 2008
I can't just drag and drop from iTunes onto my iPhone, am I doing something wrong?

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
You don't drag and drop into the iPhone, per se. You drop the music into iTunes and then sync your music, playlists, etc with the phone. Make sure you have you have the music syncing option checked:

Plug into iTunes, click on the iPhone on the left hand column, then click on the music tab and make sure you have "sync music" or something like that checked.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I believe you can if you check "manually manage music" on the main page near the bottom when your phone is connected.

Oct 1, 2008
You don't drag and drop into the iPhone, per se. You drop the music into iTunes and then sync your music, playlists, etc with the phone. Make sure you have you have the music syncing option checked:

Plug into iTunes, click on the iPhone on the left hand column, then click on the music tab and make sure you have "sync music" or something like that checked.

i have 146 Gb of music on my iTunes, so I can't just synch it, I need to manually manage it, i'll look for that tab that will let me do that.....

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
You can do it all in that tab. Just select the music/playlists you want.

MileHighRob

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
i have 146 Gb of music on my iTunes, so I can't just synch it, I need to manually manage it, i'll look for that tab that will let me do that.....
It's on the first page when you plug your phone into iTunes... you've got options to:
Automatically sync
Manually Manage or
Only sync checked songs
I can't remember the exact wording because I'm away from my computer right now but those are the basic options when you plug the phone in.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Or you can just check the albums you want and use the "sync checked songs" option.

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
146GB's? How many flippin' songs is that?

Oct 1, 2008
146GB's? How many flippin' songs is that?
its a lot, but i have friends with WAY more than that, i have 2 buddies who have almost a terabyte between them. they basically collect music. when they hear somethign new that they like, they find anything they can by said artist. its pretty intense.....