total restore

bemania

May 26, 2008
Switzerland
www.meridia.ch
hi,

I'm really having problems. my iPhone (1.1.4) is playing games with me. the sources won't refresh since days (the progress bar only get to about 10% and then stops). i cant download anything, i always get the message "error! package download failed". i did a complete restore, but that doesn't help either. i tried this with 3 different wifi networks, so i guess it can't be the wifi thats not working.

is there a way to solve that problem?

or do a more thorough restore, so its really 100% back to the state as i unpacked it from the box?

i would be very delighted if you would help me get happy with my iPhone again :laugh2:

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
restore through iTunes and when it asks if it should restore the back up files, decline that option and choose to set it up as a new phone. Of course you will have to replace contacts, etc. but the phone will be as you "unpacked it."

and if you keep your info on outlook or what have you, can save them from there

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
or do a more thorough restore, so its really 100% back to the state as i unpacked it from the box?

If you restored as a new user, that's as 100% back to original as you can get. I suspect something at fault in your jailbreaking method. What are you using?