Touch ID issues

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

brdmsd

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
I've been having a consistent problem every time I try and activate Touch ID. Over time my fingerprints somehow become unrecognizable and I'm unable to open the home screen without ultimately entering my passcode. If I re-enter my fingerprints, the function works for a while but ultimately the problem reoccurs and I can't open the phone. Is anyone else experiencing this problem and is there a solution?

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I've been having a consistent problem every time I try and activate Touch ID. Over time my fingerprints somehow become unrecognizable and I'm unable to open the home screen without ultimately entering my passcode. If I re-enter my fingerprints, the function works for a while but ultimately the problem reoccurs and I can't open the phone. Is anyone else experiencing this problem and is there a solution?
Try going to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode > Toggle "iPhone Unlock" Off. > exit Settings. Reset phone:
Hold the top or side power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.

Go back and Toggle "iPhone Unlock" back on.