Touch ID not functioning

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

rugved1118

Silver
Sep 27, 2013
Hello,

My friend had recently bought iphone 6 and few droplets of water fall on the touch ID. It is no longer functioning now. Can anyone please help ?

Sent from my iPhone 5S

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Hello,

My friend had recently bought iphone 6 and few droplets of water fall on the touch ID. It is no longer functioning now. Can anyone please help ?
A few drops of water on the home button doesn't typically make Touch ID stop functioning. Are you sure the phone wasn't submerged in water? If it was, it needs to be placed in rice for three days. If not, get a slightly-damp microfiber cloth and gently clean the home button. Then delete the stored fingerprints and try to add new ones. If this doesn't work, go through the normal troubleshooting steps (hard reset > reset all settings > restore) and if none of them work, your friend will need to get a hardware represent.

rugved1118

Silver
Sep 27, 2013
A few drops of water on the home button doesn't typically make Touch ID stop functioning. Are you sure the phone wasn't submerged in water? If it was, it needs to be placed in rice for three days. If not, get a slightly-damp microfiber cloth and gently clean the home button. Then delete the stored fingerprints and try to add new ones. If this doesn't work, go through the normal troubleshooting steps (hard reset > reset all settings > restore) and if none of them work, your friend will need to get a hardware represent.
Does this come under warranty ?

Sent from my iPhone 5S

rugved1118

Silver
Sep 27, 2013
The home button is working when pressed only the touch ID is not working.

Sent from my iPhone 5S
Tried resetting his iphone and erasing all data also to factory default but no progress as yet. Will now keep in rice bag for 3 days and keep you updated. Thanks !!

Sent from my iPhone 5S

Mar 2, 2015
Tried resetting his iphone and erasing all data also to factory default but no progress as yet. Will now keep in rice bag for 3 days and keep you updated. Thanks !!

Sent from my iPhone 5S
I know it's been a few months now, but were you ever able to get it working and, if so, how? I am having a similar issue where there was water damage. It seems as though the only that isn't working is the touch ID sensor.