Touch ID not "opening" my iPhone 8+

Discussion in 'iPhone 8' started by JDem, Oct 26, 2017.

1. JDem

JDem Contributor
    Bronze

Not sure where to post this as I do not know if it is an iOS 11.0.3 issue or an iPhone 8+ issue. (I'd been travelling and didn't pick up my phone till the day 11.0.3 was released so I updated in the store)

It seems that when the phone has been dormant for about a minute (any evidence of time is anecdotal) or more, when I press the home button, the phone only unlocks and I need to press again to get to the home screen. This did not happen with my 7+.

I have Googled this and checked a few forums and have seen no other evidence or reports of this. I am a little surprised I have not seen more of this. If it was an iOS issue, I would expect to see it on other phone revisions.

Anybody have any thoughts on this?

2. JDem

JDem Contributor
    Bronze

Oh and I have Rest Finger to Open enabled.

3. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I think I've had this happen a few times with my 7 Plus on iOS 11. It's even worse when you're on a phone call. Then you have something like three screens to get through.

4. JDem

JDem Contributor
    Bronze

Indeed. Fortunately, I have been lackadaisical in fully setting up my phone, so I may just try a factory reset before I am too invested in the settings.