Touch screen laggy on iPhone 3G?

xxsirvtecxx

Bronze
Mar 3, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Alright, so I got my 3g on Friday, and wanted to know if anyone else is having this small issue....Is it just me or is the touch response a little laggy? I mean on my 1g iPhone it never lagged. When I added a few new contacts manually it just seemed like it would take a while to think...my little bro had the same issue.

Also you would think they have fixed this by now, or again is it just me and my brother experiencing this...when your on safari, it just drops and goes to your main menu?

juzcallmeg0d

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
i haven't experienced either of these problems. sorry

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
Safari was (and still is) buggy. When it disappears, that's a crash. Go to Engadget's site (for example) for any length of time and I can guarantee it will happen.

I have noticed some lagginess as well.

xxsirvtecxx

Bronze
Mar 3, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
yes it crashed a whole lot on my 1gen iPhone, but yes you would think they would have found that bug and at least fixed with the new phone or even software update for the 1gen phone.

Thank you, i guess im not going completely crazy and did notice the touch response is slightly delayed

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I'm a new iPhone user and I'm not sure if it's lag or I'm just not pressing it right. Anyway, it hardly happens to me.

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
I had that problem and did a restore (i had 2.0 5a345) now i have 2.0 5a347. That fixed the lag for me on my 3G.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
The only lag I have noticed is within SMS. I have already moved on to the next word before the auto-correction displays the word I meant to use.

bacon_and_rice

Bronze
Jul 9, 2008
just as young stated, i've had it happen a handful of times, its about a 1 second lag for each letter when i used SMS. hopefully a patch can fix this, as of right now, i just power the phone off and turn it back on (holding the top button for a few seconds or so)

phsycology

Zealot
Gold
Dec 29, 2007
Bolton, United Kingdom
Apple have rushed to release 2.0, and thereforee it is still quite unstable. I am hoping that they release an update in the next couple of weeks.