Touch Screen opinions needed...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ssnake937

Jul 23, 2007
My final issue before I pick up an iPhone is what people think of it after using for so long. I want opinions because I hated the clickwheel on my 5G iPod and was wondering how the touchscreen compares to that.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
My final issue before I pick up an iPhone is what people think of it after using for so long. I want opinions because I hated the clickwheel on my 5G iPod and was wondering how the touchscreen compares to that.

The touch screen is one of the big features of the phone. It's high quality optical glass, and it doesn't feel cheap at all. My favorite part about it, the point which separates it from other touch screens out there, is that it is MADE to be used without a stylus. It's part of what makes the iPhone UI great.

xoulo

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
yes. its not like one of those DS scrreen when you put it on a side and press on it, you can see the film getting pressed down.
this iPhone is really beautiful, the screen, the shape and everything about it

kdarling

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
NJ, NC, CO
My favorite part about it, the point which separates it from other touch screens out there, is that it is MADE to be used without a stylus. It's part of what makes the iPhone UI great.
Me, I'd say it's the other way around. The UI's choice of sticking to big button areas, is what makes the touchscreen more finger friendly.

Other touch phones don't require a stylus, but are forced into using one because of their tiny menus and buttons. (Forced is the wrong word, since you can use buttons to navigate, but they're slower than direct touch.)

But I know what you mean: the iPhone's touchscreen just requires light strokes, which combined with the glass, is very nice.