touch screen problem

lvertel

Sep 7, 2009
hello people !

i have an iPhone 2g, with no guarantee anymore !

my iPhone fell down and the screen got broken.i repaired it by replacing the screen with a new one.

after some time(2months), my iPhone(i had a case) fell down from really little height and on soft surface. everything is perfect(the screen is not broken at all), but the touch screen is not responding at all !

is it possible that the touchscreen is broken because of that little hit? or maybe just some connection cables got off ?

what should i do ? i don't have guarantee anymore...

please help me how to repair my iPhone (if i can, without buying a brand new screen again)

oldertwin

Sep 5, 2009
You could try to open it up again and see if the digitizer cable is loose.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Right, this happened to me.

But my initial reason for taking it apart wasn't for repair, it was to change the back plate...

Anyways as I was saying, I dropped my phone roughly 1 foot. It fell onto a semi-soft surface- there were no visible signs of damage at all.

The problems I encountered were;

I could make and receive calls, but I no-one could hear me.
The phone wouldn't charge up (even though it actually was, it just didn't display)
Home button ceased to function.

Fix- took it apart to find one of the ribbon cables within the phone, became slightly unseated, not making the correct contact/circuit.

After putting the wire in the correct place, I put my phone back together and flashed it up and all my problems were solved.
Be extra careful when putting the phone back together, it's so easy to accidentally pull a ribbon cable out of position, especially on the 3g/3gs

hope this helps.

lvertel

Sep 7, 2009
thank you guys. I hope this will work. I will open my iPhone in next couple of days, as i am waiting for my friend to give me the opening tools !

RossMc

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2009
Newcastle, UK
You should get yourself a suction cup to open the phone it seems to be easier than using one of the opening tools avaliable.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
You should get yourself a suction cup to open the phone it seems to be easier than using one of the opening tools avaliable.
You need the case opening tools on a 2g phone. You will need to remove the small black plastic section at the bottom, then remove a few screws, then remove the back plate, then disconnect the ribbon cable, then remove more screws, remove a couple more... you get the picture, then you can remove the screen :sneaky:

lvertel

Sep 7, 2009
i think ill go with the 2g tools. it worked for me the 1st time, it will work the 2nd time as well..

so its like 99% that its just the contact that is gone ?
because, is it possible that the touchscreen got broken in my case ?

RossMc

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2009
Newcastle, UK
You need the case opening tools on a 2g phone. You will need to remove the small black plastic section at the bottom, then remove a few screws, then remove the back plate, then disconnect the ribbon cable, then remove more screws, remove a couple more... you get the picture, then you can remove the screen :sneaky:
Ahh I see I have only ever removed the screen on the 3G that is why i said that.

I should check before posting next time lol :cool:

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Ahh I see I have only ever removed the screen on the 3G that is why i said that.

I should check before posting next time lol :cool:

I've done it in the past, I don't read the text properly. ;)