touch screen unresponsive, help

lilmz-obsessive

Bronze
May 14, 2009
major help needed, the bottom 1/3 or so of the screen doesn't respond at all, so I can't unlock the phone or change any of the menus ?

I have no idea why this could be? Help?

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
Have you tried resetting it by holding power and home until the Apple shows up? If not try that and if that doesn't work try a restore?

lilmz-obsessive

Bronze
May 14, 2009
Have you tried resetting it by holding power and home until the Apple shows up? If not try that and if that doesn't work try a restore?

Ill try resetting now....

Not exactly keen to do a restore as I only jailbroke it a few days ago

lilmz-obsessive

Bronze
May 14, 2009
ok doing a restore, as I'll have to anyway if I need to return it

lilmz-obsessive

Bronze
May 14, 2009
one last quick question... If I have done a total restore from iTunes, will they be able to tell that thephone had been Jailbroken?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
It is possible that they can tell, but don't worry about that, I've never heard of them failing to honor the warranty on an iPhone that has been jailbroken as long as it was restored to factory settings.

Adam1389

Silver
Nov 20, 2008
Ilwaco, WA
As long as it boots up with the Apple logo, you are set. If they see the cartoon of Steve Jobs, then you might have a problem ;)

lilmz-obsessive

Bronze
May 14, 2009
okay :)

rang tech support (he had a really nice voice)
didn't have to do anything as I'd already gone through all the tech rest type stuff so made an appointment with my local store. Went in, had to explain everything again, they replaced the screen and I already have it back

May 6, 2007
United States
Looks like Apple's support solved it for you.

That's really all you can do in most of these situations, it's hard to do anything other than restoring and calling tech support.