Touch sensor not working properly

dert101

Jan 27, 2008
I've had my iPhone for about 2 month now and 2 weeks ago ive ran into a problem. The numbers '4,5,6', on the phone keypad and the top part of the text message screen where it says 'messages and clear' wont press at all, which makes the phone useless for now. I did not drop it nor install anything new on it. Has anyone experienced this problem or know at all what to do in this situation? Anything would be great help...

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Welcome

I've had my iPhone for about 2 month now and 2 weeks ago ive ran into a problem. The numbers '4,5,6', on the phone keypad and the top part of the text message screen where it says 'messages and clear' wont press at all, which makes the phone useless for now. I did not drop it nor install anything new on it. Has anyone experienced this problem or know at all what to do in this situation? Anything would be great help...

Welcome to the Twilight Zone....your screen has developed a dead zone. If powering down the phone and restart doesn't help then take it in to Apple and they will give you a new one.

If you are jailbroken, restore it before you take it in.:)

stwoodsus

Jan 27, 2008
APPLE Store - replacement is only cure

Happened to me (but the bottom 2 lines of the screen).

The Good News is I walked into an Apple store and the tech. looked at it - ran some sort of diags - verified that the screen had "dead" spots and gave me a new one - no questions asked.

Too Cool.

Apple staff are just like the iPhone - very cool.

St

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
Welcome to the Twilight Zone....your screen has developed a dead zone. If powering down the phone and restart doesn't help then take it in to Apple and they will give you a new one.

If you are jailbroken, restore it before you take it in.:)
Make sure when you restore it, do not restore to a previous backup. Also I had this same issue, I called Apple directly on a Wednesday afternoon. I received a box to ship my phone out on Thursday (the day after). Shipped it out on Thursday afternoon, and had a new phone (replacement phone) on Saturday morning. So they are very quick to take care of you!

P.S. I ended up thinking my screen went unresponsive because it got pretty hot when I was using Safari. Yours ever get hot?

ihomer

Jul 9, 2007
4th iPhone

I am on my 4th iPhone due to dead zones in the screen. The good news is that Apple replaces them immediately.

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
im on lucky number three due to a dead zone and then my home button stopped working. kinda funny that the iPhone is sposed to function w/o buttons and then the main button stops working

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
Make an appointment at your nearest Apple store. They will replace it for you with a new one. Thats hardware defect thats covered in your warranty.

Mar 5, 2008
same as my iPhone keypad 4,5,6keys not working...so just restore a fresh system then bring to Apple retail store?...but my iPhone doesn't activated with AT&T service.

help please~~~~~~~~~~`

Google

Mar 22, 2009
Hello everyone.

I have the same problem with my Ipod touch but a little different though. Indeed, sometimes, the screen doesn't respond to my touch and I have to switch off and turn it back on (with the top botton) in order to make it work again. However... the sensor seems to not work after few minutes and I have to switch on and off again repetitively.

Moreover, my warranty has just expired... Am I stuck with this Ipod forever?

Thank you very much

babyvr4

May 9, 2009
iPhone Deadzone question?

Ok I see most of you have gotten new phone.

Is that the case with anyone? The iPhone I have is used through Tmobile and was bought from a second party.

WHat is the choice for me regarding the deadzone on the phone, can it be replaced for free even though im not a att user or can i get it fixed by a third party?

Caramello

Apr 25, 2009
Did you try and restore the settings on your phone. Mined did that same thing, couldn't send text mess. Restored and I'm back in businesss.

Caramello

Apr 25, 2009
Did you try and restore the settings on your phone. Mined did that same thing, couldn't send text mess. Restored and I'm back in businesss.