Touchable Case or Screen Protector or nothing?

DjPiLL

Jun 20, 2009
Looking for a case for my 3gs. I am debating if I should get a silicone case with a screen protector. Or maybe one of those "touchable cases" I saw on ebay.

Or would I be ok without a screen protector? I heard the glass screen is pretty resistant to scratching.

I am a little concerned as my wife puts her phone in her purse with a bunch of other crap in there. Do these touchable screens being sold on ebay work OK? Do they scratch the screen themselves?

eureka

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
those cases really protect the phone from basicaly anything tied with dust, scratches and what nto but kills the charm of it as well

Get_Zwole

Bronze
Jun 20, 2009
Oklahoma City
i hate the silicone cases collects lint like no other when i use them, im using an incase slider with a crystal powersupport screen protector and its working awesome.
http://store.apple.com/us/product/TN612LL/A?fnode=MTY1NDA0NA&mco=MTIxOTQ5OQ i finally got it on there perfect and im loving it, cant even tell its there and the slider works great without collecting lint or dust.

johnlt

Bronze
Feb 5, 2009
incase slider for me with a naked screen, have used a few different screen protectors but dident like any .the Zagg offers great protection but is ugly and dosent feel smooth under my finger. the glass is really tough not a scratch and have been naked for 3 months.

redneck47441

Bronze
Jun 3, 2009
It really depends on your lifestyle I'm an outdoorsman hunting, fishing, and like today we went swimming I got a phone called snagged my phone up that I had sitting by the pool with my soaked hands and answered it I use otterbox and nothing else check em out
a case like the otterbox does take away the visual appeal but that's kind of the idea I use this phone for function not looks with that said the uglier the case the less likely someone else will want it (reduce theft)

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
I don't recommend those cases that have the screen protection built into them. They tend to stick to the screen and it makes it look terrible. With the special coating on the 3GS, I'm running the screen nekkid. It's really amazing how it keeps fingerprints and dust off of the screen. For my case, I'm using an Incase slider.

Joe