Touching error

Jul 28, 2011
Hi everyone,
I've just downgrade my iPhone 3G from 4.0 to 3.1.3 last night. But this morning, there's seems to have some problems with the screen. When I tap, the screen does the actions like I hold. For example, I play Asphalt 5, I tap to turn a little bit and then release right away, but the car still turns, even thought that I've released my thumb off the screen. Not just in game, everything else like that. When I tap, it holds. It's so annoying. Is there anyone can help me with this problem? Please reply if you know how to solve it, or even you know where the problem is.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Try a hard reset. Press the home button and the power button at the same time. Ignore the slide to power off. Let go of both buttons when you see the Apple logo. You won't lose any data. It's just a long reboot.

Jul 28, 2011
Thank you for your reply. But... I had done that already, before you told me to do so :( I've tried to restart it over and over again for about 10 or 12 times until now, but the problem won't go away :( Is there any other solution, please? :(

Jul 28, 2011
Some other info: When I turn my phone to Safe Mode, the screen doesn't work at all. NOT AT ALL. I had to restart twice to get the annoying screen back :( It's ripping me part by part.... :(

Jul 28, 2011
Well, I use SBSettings to turn it into Safe Mode, of course... Any help? :(

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
If it wasn't doing this before the down-grade, I doubt it's the digitizer. Sounds like the touch screen commands might have gotten corrupt, but luckily it's not making all the icons go into edit mode.