Touchpad: Turns your iPhone into a wireless trackpad/keyboard!

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
As an FYI I use it with TightVNC on a Windows box. This app is essentially VNSea without the screen display.

--
Mike

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
As an FYI I use it with TightVNC on a Windows box. This app is essentially VNSea without the screen display.

--
Mike
Mike, how quickly does this app respond when controlling pc mouse? Is there a delay of some sort, or is it instant?

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Mike, how quickly does this app respond when controlling pc mouse? Is there a delay of some sort, or is it instant?
It's very quick; I can't really see any delay. One issue is that right-clicking needs to be tweaked--it doesn't work right at the moment.

I am gonna try this in a training session next (projector environment).

--
Mike

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
Saw this yesterday a gave it a whirl. Not much use for Apple users IMHO, we got Apple Remote for Front Row/iTunes/Keynote which is much more cohesive. Definitely promising on the PC front however.

Cool thing for Mac users, you don't need to install VNC to use this, just enable Screen Sharing, and in the Remote APP, use your Mac admin log/pass to login. Built in VNC ftw :)

fsas06

Silver
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas
Saw this yesterday a gave it a whirl. Not much use for Apple users IMHO, we got Apple Remote for Front Row/iTunes/Keynote which is much more cohesive. Definitely promising on the PC front however.

Cool thing for Mac users, you don't need to install VNC to use this, just enable Screen Sharing, and in the Remote APP, use your Mac admin log/pass to login. Built in VNC ftw :)
were do i enable screen sharing at ? im on PC
and will that give my the name/address and password ?

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio

For the mac, in the remote app, what do I put in the address field? The I.P address?

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
were do i enable screen sharing at ? im on PC
and will that give my the name/address and password ?
I used the same log and pass used when you do a system update in leopard and it asks for your log/pass.

fsas06

Silver
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas
Sorry if I confused you, but screen sharing with built-in VNC is a Mac feature. For PC google search Tight-VNC. That should point you to a PC install file.
i downloaded it, but wasn't sure what to do after

bvlaar

Feb 17, 2008
sweet

Thats really cool!
Thanks for sharing!

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Dude, can you be a little more specific? I'd like to try it with my mac.

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
wow that is pretty cool. can you use your keyboard for it too?

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
i also downloaded tight vnc and now i have no idea where to go from here

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
What did you end up using for the VNC settings? Also, are you on leopard?
I'm on leopard, and I used the i.p address for the address. On the computer end, I enabled screen sharing, then went into computer settings and checked both boxes. Bada boom badda bing!