Touchpad: Turns your iPhone into a wireless trackpad/keyboard!

MiataLord

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
Orange County, CA
well I got it to work, no thanks to the ppl on this forum, this is suppose to be a place of exchanging info and helping forum members, pretty lame if u ask me, fasa06 if you have any questions about this app hit me up, its pretty easy to setup

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
well I got it to work, no thanks to the ppl on this forum, this is suppose to be a place of exchanging info and helping forum members, pretty lame if u ask me, fasa06 if you have any questions about this app hit me up, its pretty easy to setup
you think you can help me out aswell? thanks

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
This is a place for exchanging information and helping each other. Just because you didn't get an immediate answer to your question doesn't justify your comments about the forum or the members. You didn't even post your question until almost 4PM last night and maybe you don't understand but most of us have a life outside of this forum and it will sometimes take a day for you to get the answer you need. That doesn't mean we, or the forum, are "lame". It means that the few people that saw your question didn't have the answer you needed or were going to do some research to save you from having to do it yourself.
This is the greatest forum on the internet for iPhone support and the members here are exceptional when it comes to being helpful. Heck, some of them have even corrupted their own phones trying to find the answer to peoples questions. "pretty lame", HA HA...

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
This is a place for exchanging information and helping each other. Just because you didn't get an immediate answer to your question doesn't justify your comments about the forum or the members. You didn't even post your question until almost 4PM last night and maybe you don't understand but most of us have a life outside of this forum and it will sometimes take a day for you to get the answer you need. That doesn't mean we, or the forum, are "lame". It means that the few people that saw your question didn't have the answer you needed or were going to do some research to save you from having to do it yourself.
This is the greatest forum on the internet for iPhone support and the members here are exceptional when it comes to being helpful. Heck, some of them have even corrupted their own phones trying to find the answer to peoples questions. "pretty lame", HA HA...
Yep, I just popped in here to see if anyone needed any help and his hissy fit was the first thing I saw. Good gawd.

If anyone else needs help try this guide:
http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=705

--
Mike

MiataLord

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
Orange County, CA
wow Tinman a hissy fit, I have the upmost respect for u, I am entitled to my own opinion, just didn't expect "hissy fit" to come from u, and yes I posted help early evening, there was also 360 ppl viewing third party app section at the time and your telling me that 1 person can't answer a question, that's whats lame, I love this forum, never was putting it down, just complaining about the response time for replies

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I use it on my mac instead of the keyboard and mouse. Very nicely put together app.

- John

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
lol?

Never knew we were obligated to help here.

blurm

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~jsherwan/projects/touchpad/

Add http://cnp.qlnk.net/ as an Installer source. For those, like me, who don't wanna wait for Installer to refresh you can download and install it manually from here:
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~jsherwan/iPhone/touchpad.zip

I use it with a laptop that is connected to a big-screen TV. Let's me surf the Web, watch media content, etc., without touching the laptop (it's now hidden).

--
Mike

I was wondering if you could walk me through a manual install on this 3rd party app. I could use the installer but I hate waiting for the refresh and I think it would be good to know.

My first question is do you have to Secure Shell into your phone or can you use iBrickr?

mflantin

Bronze
Nov 29, 2007
Awesome app! Mad props to the developer. While it's not exactly practical, it's not always about the iPhone being practial as it about BEING AWESOME! This would be a great app to play a prank on someone. The versatality of this phone never ceases to amaze me.

If only this phone had Infared on it, you could program it to be a remote control for your tv too!

fsas06

Silver
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas
yes i sent u a message.. im still getting that it cant connect..i must be doing something wrong, it seams like it doent save my password on VNC even tho i hit apply...i dono ?:confused:

guest0320

Silver
Nov 11, 2007
I got it completely installed.

When I try to connect to the server it says:
Connection could not be made to host...port 5900.

Umm...where do I go from here?

Dana