Touchscreen problem, looking for advice!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

IceAero

Aug 2, 2007
Ok, hi everyone =) Love the site! (Been a troll for a while).

I've had my iPhone for one month now, and at some point in the last week or so it has started acting up in the following manner. Basically, I cannot use it for more than a full minute or so without the touchscreen stop responding to my finger. It happens for no apparent reason, I could be in Safari or just in the settings menu. The phone did not freeze, as home button still works and if something is loading, it will still load but the screen will Not respond until I turn the screen off (top button) and turn it back on, then it works again...only to stop responding a short while later. It's VERY consistent, I do not believe I could use the phone for more than 1-2 minutes without this happening

I got v1.0.1...no help.

I accidentally restored it last night (held screen-off and home for about 15 seconds, whoops) and of course I lost ALL my contacts which made me horribly frustrated as I remembered how much time I spent putting them all in from my old phone (How can I prevent this in the future? sync doesn't Add contacts to my computer, so should I enter them on my computer and not the phone next time?). Point is, restoring did Not help this problem. The touch screen consistently will fail to respond after the unit is used for a short short period of time.

So, what should I do? Go to my Apple store after work and try to get it replaced? I'm worried they are going to just have me ship my phone away or something and I cannot do that right now, my phone is important for work and I'll be in Las Vegas this weekend and must have it.

JiggyMatt

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com
first of all, where are you staying in vegas? I live there and work at a major hotel, second, the top button and home button DOES NOT restore the phone and make u lose contacts. That method is called a hard reset. Its like holding down your PCs power button until it turns off. If I were you, I would go to settings, safari, and clear the history, cookies and cache just because. Then i would turn the settings of everything back to default. Then do another hard reset and see if that fixes anything, of not take it to Apple at the fashion show mall next to the treasure island hotel.

What hotel u staying at?

IceAero

Aug 2, 2007
first of all, where are you staying in vegas? I live there and work at a major hotel, second, the top button and home button DOES NOT restore the phone and make u lose contacts. That method is called a hard reset. Its like holding down your PCs power button until it turns off. If I were you, I would go to settings, safari, and clear the history, cookies and cache just because. Then i would turn the settings of everything back to default. Then do another hard reset and see if that fixes anything, of not take it to Apple at the fashion show mall next to the treasure island hotel.

What hotel u staying at?
If you hold down top+home for around 20 seconds the phone goes into 'restore' mode and makes you connect it to iTunes. I didn't know it would do this, I was just frustrated while resetting it and held them for too long =x

I had hard-reset the phone multiple times, but it never made the problem take any extra time to appear. And trust me, my contacts and all the video i synched (and then deleted from my computer) to watch on the flights this weekend, are gone.

I'm staying at the MGM