Touchscreen = Truly Amazing

coryt87

Bronze
Jul 24, 2007
Of course, the novelty of having the iPhone has somewhat worn off if you are like me and got it around the time it first came out. We are just used to all of the features, it isn't as "mind blowing" as it first was.

My mom just got herself a new GPS device for her car, and it has touchscreen on it. I was able to use it for the first time last night, and after using the touch screen, I realized how amazing the iPhone's touchscreen really is. It made me appreciate my phone even more. Granted, this wasn't the best or most expensive GPS device on the market, but it just showed to me how used to the iPhone I was. I guess I wish the novelty never wore off, because this device is amazing, even with its flaws.

Jul 30, 2007
Of course, the novelty of having the iPhone has somewhat worn off if you are like me and got it around the time it first came out. We are just used to all of the features, it isn't as "mind blowing" as it first was.

My mom just got herself a new GPS device for her car, and it has touchscreen on it. I was able to use it for the first time last night, and after using the touch screen, I realized how amazing the iPhone's touchscreen really is. It made me appreciate my phone even more. Granted, this wasn't the best or most expensive GPS device on the market, but it just showed to me how used to the iPhone I was. I guess I wish the novelty never wore off, because this device is amazing, even with its flaws.
I just got a Garmin Zumo 550 for my motorcycle, and noticed the same thing. The Garmin is an fantastic device, but using the touchscreen to scroll maps feels like a toy as compared to the iPhone. The bluetooth on the Garmin links great with the iPhone though.

wrhutch

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Pottsboro Texas
I catch myself trying to use the iPhone pinch to zoom in and out on my Garmin Nuvi all of the time.