Tough Decision 6+ 16GB dilemma

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by Cjvdh, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Cjvdh

Cjvdh Zealot
    Gold

So some may know I ended up purchasing a 16GB plus model finally got my hands on it and I must say the size and everything grew on me and I happy to report I won't be using anything other than the 6 plus I love the size and after using it for awhile it kind of seems small .... LOL anyways I have been stuck in close to 3 weeks in processing on my Apple iPhone 6+ Gold 64GB GSM model and I am thinking about just canceling it at this point and just rocking the 16GB I think I can get by with the storage that I have and with the Cloud. What do you guys think? I was totally opposed to it however my 5 was only a 16GB and I never had any space problems I don't use a lot of apps and once I get around 1,000 pictures I take them off my phone and transfer them anyways. Tell me what are your guys thoughts? I am really sold on the Space Gray color ....

2. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

We are all different and have different tastes. I'm glad you are rockin' the 6 Plus. I thought it would always be way too big for me but it has really grown on me too. I use my iPhone more as a computing device though and not so much as a phone. I too went with the Space Gray. I personally would want more storage space (after they load on the OS there would probably be just 8 GB left). In the end you have to choose what fits you best.

3. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Personally, I'd go with more storage and save the regret later.

4. Keukawater

Keukawater Member
    Bronze

I'd go with more storage. I have the space gray. I love it, but I was handling a gold 6+ at Best Buy the other day, and I started feeling like maybe I chose the wrong color. I think the silver is super sharp too though... Ok, so I'm indecisive about the color, but I'd always go with more storage.

5. Cjvdh

Cjvdh Zealot
    Gold

Yeah I would if it was that easy but in my situation it's not because I ordered a gold model which I am not sure I even want because the SG looks much better after having it with me for awhile. I don't use my phone as a computing device it's a phone/entertainment for me personally. I think I am leaning more towards canceling it.

6. macscac

macscac Member
    Bronze

I cannot imagine trrying to live with 16gigs.
    especially with a screen the size of the plus. that would just be misery

7. tybirdtybird

tybirdtybird Contributor
    Bronze

I have 6+ 16gb I don't need anything bigger. All my iPhone 3GS 4s 5s all been 16gb . The only time I need some more space software updates. Then I just remove some apps I don't really use.

Love my iPhone 6 plus

Have you had your arteries check please do so. You don't want open heart surgery.

8. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

That is quite the dilema between size and color. My last two iPhones were 16 GB and I've always made it work, but it was getting old having to delete apps to make room for iOS updates. It's tough having a 64 Gold on order since you like the SG so much now. I've always gone with black and this is the first time that I have gone with the Silver and I am quite pleased.

9. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

I'm rocking a 6 plus and it doesn't seem big now I love the two handed typing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

You're a good man.

11. Sschep1

Sschep1 Member
    Bronze

That's a tough call man. Personally, if I have to delete something just to free up more storage, I would hate that. On the other hand if you don't like the color, that would ruin the whole experience from the day you activate to the day you sell. IMO, I think every color of the iPhone is brilliant. In your case I would go with the storage, you ordered the gold iPhone because that is what looked best to you, right??

12. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

You mentioned that you had the 16GB 5 and had no space problems, I say keep the 16GB, advising otherwise ignores what you said about your storage needs, enjoy your 6 Plus, I am still waiting for mine to ship, sadly I got the 6 but later fell in love with the 6 Plus.

13. tybirdtybird

tybirdtybird Contributor
    Bronze

I was thinking the same thing I'm glad I went with 6+.

Love my iPhone 6 plus

Have you had your arteries check please do so. You don't want open heart surgery.

14. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

I have never had anything but 16GB phones and I've never had a storage issue. These days with cloud storage most can probably get by with less..

I've got a TB of Google Drive space so just about everything goes there..

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. tortex73

tortex73 Contributor
    Bronze

I don't know how anyone can live with only 16gb of storage. My 64gb 5s was maxed, my two 32gb Android phones are maxed (with no music on them, which sucks) and now my 128gb 6 only has about 20 free, and surely that'll be gone in a couple months. Cloud based storage doesn't work when it's all apps, games, and music...

16. kerriberri

kerriberri Contributor
    Bronze

I've always had a 16gb and never have storage issues. I routinely delete apps and only keep the ones I truly use. I also don't keep music on my phone, but I think I'm in the minority on that one.

Sent using iCafe app

17. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

Not the minority at all.. I'd think most people go for the lessor storage options because of the price. For me, I've never needed more and I don't see the need of having 14.7 million apps that I might use once a year. All my music is on the cloud and I stream it. If you have limited data that could be an issue though. I have a ton of data so streaming is not an issue for me.

I can download a movie, watch it, then delete it. Do I really need to keep 27 movies on my device that I've already watched? For me the answer is no..

To each their own, I've never needed more than 16gb either..

18. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

I've haven't had more than 50 apps installed in a long time, most of my space is pictures and videos, and 32 gigs isn't enough, that's why I got a 64 gigs. In my case videos takes the most space.

19. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

If you use it for entertainment like i do, then you already know a bluray movie can consume as much as 2gb of space. that's means you can only have a max of 4-6 quality movie content at 1 time. not much if you ask me. maybe you should reconsider getting the 128gb? that's what i went with jmo.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. thevlad

thevlad Member
    Bronze

128GB All the way!