Tough Decision 6+ 16GB dilemma

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
I didn't cancel the order yet I am going to wait and see how it plays out I guess I just hate to have to cancel it after dreadfully waiting for it. I'm sure I could get by with the 16GB but probably not comfortly as I like to keep music, pictures, etc on my devices. I don't hate the gold color I just don't know how I feel about the white face on iPhones in general. The plus models in silver and gold look HUGE compared to the space gray models it must be an illusion but I'm undecided. I do however like the silver and gold rings around the phone button. I'm starting to lean towards more storage now lol

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I didn't cancel the order yet I am going to wait and see how it plays out I guess I just hate to have to cancel it after dreadfully waiting for it. I'm sure I could get by with the 16GB but probably not comfortly as I like to keep music, pictures, etc on my devices. I don't hate the gold color I just don't know how I feel about the white face on iPhones in general. The plus models in silver and gold look HUGE compared to the space gray models it must be an illusion but I'm undecided. I do however like the silver and gold rings around the phone button. I'm starting to lean towards more storage now lol
What GB have you used in the past? I've always had the 16.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I wish they made an silver iPhone with a black front. I'd be all over that. I love the uniform, monolithic look of the black front. It goes with any case and looks great when the screen is off (as well as on). The white front looks good when the screen is on, but it still looks a little off to me when the screen is off. The white draws attention to the big bezels.

I think you'll just have to decide what's more important - the front color or the storage space. There are ways to make do with 16 GB if you end up sticking with what you have. With iCloud Drive, you'll be able to get 20 GB for $1 per month.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I wish they made an silver iPhone with a black front. I'd be all over that. I love the uniform, monolithic look of the black front. It goes with any case and looks great when the screen is off (as well as on). The white front looks good when the screen is on, but it still looks a little off to me when the screen is off. The white draws attention to the big bezels.

I think you'll just have to decide what's more important - the front color or the storage space. There are ways to make do with 16 GB if you end up sticking with what you have. With iCloud Drive, you'll be able to get 20 GB for $1 per month.
Agreed. I just want to set my iPhone up on my desk in portrait mode and put little plastic apes around it, like in that planter you have in the kitchen. :D

Reactions: Europa

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Agreed. I just want to set my iPhone up on my desk in portrait mode and put little plastic apes around it, like in that planter you have in the kitchen. :D
Heheh. As a 2001: A Space Odyssey fan, I do love this thing. I need to get a new pic to show how much it's grown since I took this!

w.jpg

Reactions: coop1701

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com

Yeah I agree totally with the white front I mean its not terrible, I could get over that. I'm just curious as to how this iCloud drive will work like will I be able to store photos in the cloud and just access those when I need them? I wish I understood that better as it would make my decision much easier.

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I am leaning toward 64GB and keeping the gold as my daily driver. I just think the 16GB will be cutting it close after I have all my apps roughly 10-15 plus a few music albums plus pictures and 1080 video
I need to talk to some people on here to teach me / convince me about some apps. I just don't know what ones to get. I get some but then never use them. I love Vine, and some others, but I never use more than like 5-6 GB. Music, apps, a few photos.

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
I need to talk to some people on here to teach me / convince me about some apps. I just don't know what ones to get. I get some but then never use them. I love Vine, and some others, but I never use more than like 5-6 GB. Music, apps, a few photos.
Well I use apps and some take more space than others like pages, GarageBand, etc all those apple apps I use a good bit. Then you have tweetbot, Facebook, the weather channel, mobile banking, etc I will probably need more storage.

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Well I use apps and some take more space than others like pages, GarageBand, etc all those apple apps I use a good bit. Then you have tweetbot, Facebook, the weather channel, mobile banking, etc I will probably need more storage.
OHH I see. I use Bank of America, and a few other apps that may be small in size. I had Facebook and Facebook Messenger but I take long breaks from Facebook often. :p

Reactions: tybirdtybird

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Yeah I agree totally with the white front I mean its not terrible, I could get over that. I'm just curious as to how this iCloud drive will work like will I be able to store photos in the cloud and just access those when I need them? I wish I understood that better as it would make my decision much easier.
Yep. You can do that right now with iCloud Sharing. They stay there until you delete them, unlike with Photo Stream. Just don't add anyone to the shared folders and they will be private.

Reactions: Cjvdh

tybirdtybird

Contributor
Bronze
May 6, 2010
Westfield, In
I've always had a 16gb and never have storage issues. I routinely delete apps and only keep the ones I truly use. I also don't keep music on my phone, but I think I'm in the minority on that one.

Sent using iCafe app
I'm the same way. But have some music on my phone.

Love my iPhone 6 plus

Have you had your arteries check please do so. You don't want open heart surgery.

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
I have always used a 16 gig phone... I take some pictures. But always transfer them off to Dropbox. I have like 2 gigs of music and about 4 gigs of apps. I missed my chance last night too. I check my local apple Store. 16 GIG gray iPhone Plus was available for pickup. I couldn't make myself do it. Checked this morning and it was gone.

Maybe by this weekend I will have a shiny new iPhone Plus.

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
@Cjvdh I noticed that Facebook just got an update and it looks great now on the Plus. I know that was one of the apps that was bugging you. It looks like they fixed it.