Toy Story - Steve Jobs

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mjeagent

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Northern Virginia
Was watching Toy Story today with my 2 year old and noticed in the opening credits that "Steve Jobs" is listed as an Executive Producer. Is this the Apple Steve Jobs or another?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Was watching Toy Story today with my 2 year old and noticed in the opening credits that "Steve Jobs" is listed as an Executive Producer. Is this the Apple Steve Jobs or another?

Weren't Apple and Pixar involved with each other there for a while? I can't remember the relationship exactly but I know there was a lot of fuss about it. So to answer, I think it is in fact THE Steve Jobs.

ArtGuy

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
Beantown, USA
Steve owned Pixar for years..

He bought it for a paltry sum from George Lucas - When he returned to Apple he was CEO of both companies up until Pixar was sold to Disney last year (or the year before) I was very happy when he sold it - as I had bought a rather large amount of Pixar stock several years ago! It became Disney stock in the sale. of course my purchase of Apple stock a loonnng time ago when it was 12 bucks a share has paid off very handsomely too. (verrrrry handsomely!)
:laugh2:

Kurt

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
He bought it for a paltry sum from George Lucas - When he returned to Apple he was CEO of both companies up until Pixar was sold to Disney last year (or the year before) I was very happy when he sold it - as I had bought a rather large amount of Pixar stock several years ago! It became Disney stock in the sale. of course my purchase of Apple stock a loonnng time ago when it was 12 bucks a share has paid off very handsomely too. (verrrrry handsomely!)
:laugh2:

Kurt
So it has. Since the iPhone release, their stock has slowly declined. But right now, it's at $166.79.

ijosheek

Aug 1, 2007
Steve Jobs is the CEO of both Apple and Pixar.
Although now Pixar is owned by Disney,... Steve is still the highest stock owner of Disney Pixar.

Here's a little history on Steve by Steve himself.

J

jmcallister

This is interesting..... I never realized that he was the CEO of pixar at one point.

Oct 13, 2007
Fantastic Speech

As I am sure that Mr. Jobs had a team of PR interns write that commencement speech, I was actually moved by some of his statements...not too shabby. By the way...how many uber-successful companies do you have to start up to actually consider yourself better than "lucky"? hahaha....my first post woohooo!