Tracking software

AkJedi

Jan 16, 2011
Anyone know of a good app to use to track a teenager without them knowing it.. Not the AT&T waste your money app. Thanks.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
I hope you are careful with that decision. A very big voilation of privacy there...
I don't know about that. Mine own children aren't old enough yet, but I know parents that up front state, there is no privacy in the house when it comes to the internet/electronics. The risks relating to poor judgment are too much.

The computers are in a public area. Review is possible and likely. You need privacy, you can have a diary. Mobile is a challenge but applies too.
Personally I'd say it's there, it's safety, you can watch me too. If/when I find you've shut or faked the location, you lose the phone for a month.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
To the OP, what about the Find my iPhone app?

Sent from my iPhone
More or less, this is the only real option that would allow you to track them without them knowing.
Anything else in the app store would require the app to be launched and at least in the background. The FindMyiPhone service just has to be configured in the email settings, have Location services on and that is it. (of course a very savvy child could potentially figure that out and turn it off, but if you let them know up front that it's for in case they lose their iPhone, they will be less inclined to turn it off.)

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
More or less, this is the only real option that would allow you to track them without them knowing.
Anything else in the app store would require the app to be launched and at least in the background. The FindMyiPhone service just has to be configured in the email settings, have Location services on and that is it. (of course a very savvy child could potentially figure that out and turn it off, but if you let them know up front that it's for in case they lose their iPhone, they will be less inclined to turn it off.)
If the phone isn't jail broken, you could also turn on restrictions for deleting apps or at least changing email accounts.

Sent from my iPhone

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Good point. I think the find my iPhone is the best tracking option. Just need the Apple ID and password.

AkJedi

Jan 16, 2011
Yes, I'm the parent and my new 16 year old will be out driving soon, I'd just like to know 1. Did she make it to the destination, older car...2. Did she actually go to where she said she was going... s far as privacy... My house, my phone plan, my rules, same with computer.. So far no problems, but would like to keep tabs as every good parent should..thanks to all, I already have the find my iPhone app on mine and will be loading her's and checking it out..

Jul 28, 2009
The iOS did not allow any app running in background. But I want to know if there is an app that can track all the net traffic so you can see net used by each app. Will that help you?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
The iOS did not allow any app running in background. But I want to know if there is an app that can track all the net traffic so you can see net used by each app. Will that help you?
No. That's unrelated to the OP's question. His question has already been answered anyway.

You need to remove your signature link.